Pc config 80K

king_of all

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: open world games like far cry 5 6, GTA 5, @ 1080p, encoding videos with megui(sometimes), mostly watching 2k videos

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans:80k +10k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win 10 pro will update to 11 later

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb SSD,

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans:24" for 1080p is sufficient for me

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:UPS, keyboard mouse, 2.5 TB HDD will use them

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next week, starting November

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: nehru place, could buy parts online if offer right price

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: would like a amd config, but would give a intel a chance again after 10 years.
I really want zotac rtx 3060 but not possible in this budget.

Sad times are upon gamers. Only way you can build a gaming PC for 80k is by opting for used GPUs.

CPU - Intel i5 10400 - 17.5k (has iGPU)

Mobo - Gigabyte B560M DS3H - 9.5k

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz - 6k

GPU - Used GTX 1060 6GB - 10k (1070 for 15-16k)

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000 500GB - 5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - 3.2k

PSU - Corsair CV650 80+ bronze - 4.5k

Cabinet - MSI MAG Forge 100M or other mid tower ATX - 4.5k

Monitor - HP x24ih 1080p 144Hz IPS Freesync - 17.5k

Total - 77.7k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd for PC parts at a good price, sometimes even amazon.

even used 1060 6gbs are going for 20k or more nowadays.
Honestly, I stopped tracking prices. But its indeed a bad time for gamers, except the super wealthy. IMO, a crypto crash will visibly improve the situation, maybe not to pre-COVID days, but still better than current.

Neo

Honestly, I stopped tracking prices. But its indeed a bad time for gamers, except the super wealthy. IMO, a crypto crash will visibly improve the situation, maybe not to pre-COVID days, but still better than current.
How will a crypto crash improve the situation?
@OP it would be better u just build a computer using some AMD APU and be on the lookout for deals. Things are improving it seems coz I've seen several epople getting invite from rptech to buy at msrp

How will a crypto crash improve the situation?
@OP it would be better u just build a computer using some AMD APU and be on the lookout for deals. Things are improving it seems coz I've seen several epople getting invite from rptech to buy at msrp
Like it or not, miners are adding to the Silicon shortage & GPU demand. They are the ones who are usually willing to pay those inflated prices of GPU before rich gamers. Many gamers are also looking at mining to recover the investment. So with crypto crash, the GPU demand at inflated prices will start falling. Its not the only reason, but still a reason that should have visible impact. To make myself clear, I don't expect crypto crash to make GPUs available at MSRP.

Reactions: Neo

K_akash_i

Journeyman
isnt amd next gen coming with RDNA APUs( most likely i think) ? probable launch early 2022 , stalling till that may be a good idea as 11th gen intel and 5000 series ryzens are just stop gaps .The prices of the next gen may become a concern though

isnt amd next gen coming with RDNA APUs( most likely i think) ? probable launch early 2022 , stalling till that may be a good idea as 11th gen intel and 5000 series ryzens are just stop gaps .The prices of the next gen may become a concern though
The next AMD line-up is considered to be more of a stopgap against Intel's 12th gen which has DDR5 & PCIe 5.0 as well. The proper AMD's next-gen CPUs are expected late next year along with Intel's 13th gen. DDR5 prices might be reasonable by late 2022 or early 2023. Also, next-gen GPUs are expected in late 2022.

1-year wait is a long time IMO, unless OP already has a good gaming PC/laptop for the wait.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
The next AMD line-up is considered to be more of a stopgap against Intel's 12th gen which has DDR5 & PCIe 5.0 as well. The proper AMD's next-gen CPUs are expected late next year along with Intel's 13th gen. DDR5 prices might be reasonable by late 2022 or early 2023. Also, next-gen GPUs are expected in late 2022.

1-year wait is a long time IMO, unless OP already has a good gaming PC/laptop for the wait.
oh, yes thats too long if thats the case , a 5600g build maybe fine as well as buying a gpu is 0 vfm right now unless he can scout a good one at crrct price , gta 5 will work fine with 5600g here are the benchmarks from tom's .far cry 5 seems to be only worth playing at 720p though. 5600g almost matches 1030 and sometimes overtakes 1030

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
Thanks for all the info in reality I was waiting for 3 years to buy new pc, I could have waited more but my old pc broke down, I even asked for rptech for 3060 ti, but I think the line is very huge,
What I am thinking is making a config right now with in which I could use my year old 710 just to spend enough time untill the GPU prices come down.

Thanks for all the info in reality I was waiting for 3 years to buy new pc, I could have waited more but my old pc broke down, I even asked for rptech for 3060 ti, but I think the line is very huge,
What I am thinking is making a config right now with in which I could use my year old 710 just to spend enough time untill the GPU prices come down.
The i5 rig will do the job of running well as it has an iGPU, even if your GT 710 fails. IMO as XMP is present on B560, R5 3600 has no advantage over i5 10400. For 3k, i5 11400 is even better if you can find it, but needs at least 2.5k investment on a cooler, like Deepcool Gammax 400 pro.

Top Bottom