Pc audio problem

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Hello everyone, audio is heard when I connect my Sony TV with my pc but when I connect my monitor and headphone I don't hear anything.
I installed the driver but to no avail. Please help me

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is you connect tv via hdmi & hdmi carry both audio & video & driver used is hdmi digital audio provided by either graphics card(if present) or intel/amd integrated graphics.In case of monitor(assuming dvi) & headphone,audio is provide by on board sound driver which is usually realtek.Check in device manager & audio devices that both(hdmi & on board audio) of them are present.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Do you have speakers connected to your Line-Out by default? Where are you plugging in the headphones, is it the Audio-Out port on TV (If available) or the Line-Out port on PC (Front or Back panel)? Most likely the default playback device on your system (I assume it's Windows 10) is HDMI rather than Speakers.

Right click the speaker icon in system tray --> Open Sound Settings --> Click Sound Control panel on right top (Under Related settings) and you should see something similar to this dialog box.
audio.png

Select the Speakers (most likely the Realtek Audio) as default audio device and check again if it works for you.
If the device appears disabled Right click on it and select Enable, similarly you can right click and select it as Default Device.
Note - If devices do not appear in this window, Right click on blank area inside this window and select 'Show Disabled Devices'.
Let us know if this works for you.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Well I use display port on my monitor and I plug my headphone in the rear green hole audio port. It says Acer vg240yp ( Nvidia high definition audio ) but headphone not showing.
Note that headphone is working perfectly on mobile and my laptop.
Don't know what seems to be the problem. I don't use speakers on my pc and both the front and rear headphone port options are enabled on sound setting.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It means your system is only using the hdmi/displayport output for audio.Is this a new issue or is it so from the beginning? e.g.have you installed some new windows version/update after which this issue came up or is it like you build a new pc & couldn't get the audio to work till now.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Pc is just 2 months old and I have not updated windows 10 anytime. You are correct that pc is using display port as the audio output. It ain't the problem when I use pc on my Sony TV but connecting monitor and headphone it shows as vg240yp as audio output.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you mean this issue is there for last 2 months or since you got this acer monitor? Post screenshots of your audio settings(like the screenshot above) along with screenshot of your device manager with audio section expanded(click on + sign in front of audio in device manager). Also post the pics of audio port used for connecting headphone at the back of pc.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
It says Acer vg240yp ( Nvidia high definition audio ) but headphone not showing.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, after plugging in the headphones, did you try to click the blank area in that sound settings window and click 'Show Disabled Devices' ?

audio1.png

Last edited:
OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Here's the screenshot of the sound settings.
Sorry, due to going out of state I didn't had the
time to update.

Attachments

• IMG-20191104-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20191104-WA0000.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 141

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Check the device manager. Look for driver status for your headphone. Alternatively, use Ubuntu live DVD, and see if it can play audio through your headphone.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
This screenshot taken after connecting the headphone to the rear green hole of the pc.

Attachments

• IMG-20191104-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20191104-WA0009.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG-20191104-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20191104-WA0008.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20191104-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20191104-WA0007.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 153
OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
No no sir, I have a corsair hs35 headphone with wire and my brother is using his JBL Bluetooth headphone.
The corsair hs35 has only a single 3.5mm connector, so I am connecting the corsair headphone to pc but the pc doesn't recognise.

Attachments

• IMG-20191104-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20191104-WA0010.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 148

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post the exact model no. of your motherboard & back side pic of the green port where headphone is connected. Also mention from when this issue started,is it since you build the pc or is it after some windows install/update.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
My pc motherboard model is MSI h310 with Intel 8400 processor. It's hard to say when it started because I was not using any wired headphone tilli bought my corsair headphone.
I was using sony TV connecting through HDMI the sound is coming. Error occurs while uploading image

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which MSI 310? Go to msi website & type the exact model of your mobo(look on mobo box or bill) & then from the product page of your mobo model,download & install the latest audio driver.

e.g.assuming it is msi 310m pro vh then see below example:
upload_2019-11-4_21-8-55.png

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
You are right sir, it is indeed MSI h310m pro vh. Well I will install the drivers as soon as I reach my home and update its status.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Have you connected monitor through vga port or hdmi? If hdmi please use vga.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you connected monitor through vga port or hdmi? If hdmi please use vga.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is irrelevant here.In any case,many recent pc monitors/graphics cards/mobos don't even have a vga port.The issue seems to be the unavailability of on-board audio which is independent of any port connection.

Top Bottom