PC around 30 - 35K range.

d1g1tuser

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Many thanks to the people who are running this forum and members here.

I am going to buy PC soon and here are the answers to the questionnaire template.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: This PC will be used to learn Kali Linux, Ethical Hacking software's and applications, running VMware, medium video editing, Cisco Packet tracer, Torrent downloading, playing games like PUBG (Not hardcore gaming but will play sometimes) and learning programming, watching movies, should be very good on fast performance and low heating of processor.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 30K. Will extend 5K if it is really required.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I don't want to tweak with the processor.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10, Kali Linux

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Best in the market and that fits to my budget.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Monitor which is specially cool and comfortable to the eyes. Screen Size 20-25"

PS : I have very high spects number.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I don't have any components at the moment.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In the next coming weeks of this month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Yes will be buying from Chenoy Trade Center, Secunderabad, Telangana.

If there are any better place than CTC in Hyderabad or Secunderabad, will think of buying it from there.

Yes, I can buy online but I don't know much about practical assembling.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This PC can be up-gradable and at least 5 year future proof.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check this thread, your budget is too low to build anything other than the most basic pc.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/need-office-pc-for-35k.208613/

OP
D

d1g1tuser

Okay, how much the budget should be raised so that I can get the PC according to questionnaire template.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since you are buying everything, around 55-60k.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/pc-for-photo-and-video-editing-for-45k.208614/

For gaming, you would have to spend something like this, otherwise, be content with a basic PC:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 3100 - 8.6k

Mobo - Asrock B450 Pro4 ATX - 7.5k*

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 3000MHz - 3.2k

GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 - 12k

SSD - Kingston A400 120GB 2.5″ - 2k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair CX550 - 4.5k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 01 - 3k

Monitor - LG 24MP59G 24" 1080p 75Hz Freesync - 9.5k

Total - 53.3k

Add another RAM stick, when possible.

OP
D

d1g1tuser

Okay, If I remove gaming and video editing from my 1st answer.Will it decrease the cost ?

Okay, If I remove gaming and video editing from my 1st answer.Will it decrease the cost ?
You will end up with a basic PC enough for just basic tasks. Pre corona I would have just suggested a laptop for such users as there were good laptops for ~30k.

The info you seek is already present in the thread whitestar mentioned earlier, first reply to this thread.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
playing games like PUBG (Not hardcore gaming but will play sometimes)
This would seem like nitpicking but PUGB PC is an un-optimized, aimbot/hacker ridden mess. I have 9750H with RTX 2060 and still it can't reach 144 fps locked on 1080p high settings.

A normal usage PC will cost you 30-35k unless you are okay with buying used parts.

Top Bottom