Paytm wallet

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It should not happen,at least not with a single otp.There should be 2 otp,one for wallet & one for payment bank.Can you see another msg for wallet kyc with different time & otp?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It should not happen,at least not with a single otp.There should be 2 otp,one for wallet & one for payment bank.Can you see another msg for wallet kyc with different time & otp?
Nope 1 otp is enough for both. Paytm's customer support is not replying.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
UIDAI says that it doesn't come under their umbrella and that we need to contact paytm.
Check point numbers 15, 20 & 21
More About Paytm KYC – Paytm Blog
In reality the situation is otherwise, one is not allowed to spend the money in the wallet on say paying bills/recharges etc without kyc.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did UIDAI said that "opening of bank account using aadhaar kyc without consent" does not come under their purview or is it something else?One need to do kyc to add money to paytm wallet too so at least ppl can't even accidentally add money.Wait for 1 june & then use virtual aadhaar to do kyc then dispose it by generating another virtual aadhaar.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Did UIDAI said that "opening of bank account using aadhaar kyc without consent" does not come under their purview or is it something else?One need to do kyc to add money to paytm wallet too so at least ppl can't even accidentally add money.Wait for 1 june & then use virtual aadhaar to do kyc then dispose it by generating another virtual aadhaar.

Yes, exactly that doesn't come under their purview.
I am talking about the money which is already there. A friend has around 7k in wallet but he can only spend it on paytmmall, which should be renamed to fakemall btw, and not to pay bills which contradicts their own points.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you PM me the screenshots of mail conversation with UIDAI?On paytmmall buy some pc component from "brand authorized seller",they usually have some 500-600 discount on portable hdd/ram/22-24" monitors etc.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Can you PM me the screenshots of mail conversation with UIDAI?On paytmmall buy some pc component from "brand authorized seller",they usually have some 500-600 discount on portable hdd/ram/22-24" monitors etc.
Sure. Let me get the screenshots from his phone. We can spend the money on paytm mall which should be renamed as fakemall btw, but we cannot use that money to pay bills/recharges etc. i.e. on simple paytm website.

Flash

Lost in speed
Sure. Let me get the screenshots from his phone. We can spend the money on paytm mall which should be renamed as fakemall btw, but we cannot use that money to pay bills/recharges etc. i.e. on simple paytm website.
Aren't the money in paytm & paytmmal same? Can't you transfer it to a bank account?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Aren't the money in paytm & paytmmal same? Can't you transfer it to a bank account?
Supposed to be same and they cannot stop someone from using it on paytm but they are doing that. For bank transfer kyc is mandatory as per RBI.

Top Bottom