Payment deducted but no refund

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

So, I was recharging a prepaid number few days back. Paid via State Bank Rewardz app and the rest via card. The recharge wasn't successful. The app's points came back instantly but there is no sign of the money deducted from card. Called the customer support, they said that the complaints regarding unauthorized transactions are noted by them and this was an authorized transaction. The branch yesterday said to contact the app department. State Bank Rewardz customer support is saying to contact the branch. Anyone having any mail id of the concerned department?

@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku

Thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Did the online page or app (assuming the page was at least displayed) show some transaction ref number that you can now track with cust support?

I had a case where the transaction was reversed after about 72 Hours when failed.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Did the online page or app (assuming the page was at least displayed) show some transaction ref number that you can now track with cust support?

I had a case where the transaction was reversed after about 72 Hours when failed.

No it didnt show anything except this

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180811/80e9b51529ac429bac22cc23b655a524.jpg

Did you lodge a case or something for the reversal?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lodge an official complaint with SBI and keep following up with them for a week. If they can't solve it, lodge a complaint here and let SBI deal with it:
Reserve Bank of India

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Lodge an official complaint with SBI and keep following up with them for a week. If they can't solve it, lodge a complaint here and let SBI deal with it:
Reserve Bank of India

Where exactly to lodge a complaint with SBI? Not able to find a working customer support email. Banking ombudsman will only act if a complaint was previously lodged with the bank.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Did you lodge a case or something for the reversal?

In my case it was ICICI bank. The cust support did not see any transaction then but just told me to wait for 48 - 72 hours for reversal and it did happen.

You have mentioned that the app points came back so is there an issue with card transaction?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
In my case it was ICICI bank. The cust support did not see any transaction then but just told me to wait for 48 - 72 hours for reversal and it did happen.

You have mentioned that the app points came back so is there an issue with card transaction?
Money paid from card is not coming back.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
When cust care does not listen to me I insist to talk to their superiors again and again and try to explain the issue to them. Sometimes it helps.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Call toll free number or login to internet banking and try to register complaint from there.
Called the customer support, they said that the complaints regarding unauthorized transactions are noted by them and this was an authorized transaction.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
you should try again later when their shift changes and check again and expect that another superior is not an idiot hopefully!

I have not gone thru all responses above, so not sure if this is already mentioned but did you also check this ?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
you should try again later when their shift changes and check again and expect that another superior is not an idiot hopefully!

I have not gone thru all responses above, so not sure if this is already mentioned but did you also check this ?

Got the refund after one and a half months. Mailed RBI. So, finally got it. Couldn't raise a complaint with BO because I didn't have a complaint number as SBI's cc never lodged my complaint and as per rules we need a complaint number if we want to go to them.

Top Bottom