Paying customs mandatory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys I ordered a Mionix mouse last week, from their web store, and today I got a call from FedEx that I'll have to pay 1500 rupees for customs duty additionally. I have never paid anything for customs before, so my question is, is this mandatory to pay this? FedEx made it pretty clear that they won't give me the package unless I pay.

I just don't like it. Already paid 6.7k for the mouse and now another 1.5k will make it a total of 8.2k, which is plain nonsense!

If I had purchased from Amazon then I think they might have paid this by themselves.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Guys I ordered a Mionix mouse last week, from their web store, and today I got a call from FedEx that I'll have to pay 1500 rupees for customs duty additionally. I have never paid anything for customs before, so my question is, is this mandatory to pay this? FedEx made it pretty clear that they won't give me the package unless I pay.

I just don't like it. Already paid 6.7k for the mouse and now another 1.5k will make it a total of 8.2k, which is plain nonsense!

If I had purchased from Amazon then I think they might have paid this by themselves.

Yep. I had to pay 900 for customs on IC Diamond Thermal paste(from Amazon). You have to do it buddy or else it is smuggling.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yep. I had to pay 900 for customs on IC Diamond Thermal paste(from Amazon). You have to do it buddy [Strike]or else it is smuggling.[/Strike]
You should have stopped there.

I'm sure you are not doing a job or something, the day you'll get one, you'll understand the real meaning of smuggling.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Wasn't that mentioned in shipping terms and conditions?

See if you can cancel the order and get back your money. And place your order in Amazon.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Amazon reserves expected custom amount when you order. Leftover gets reimbursed.

This time you got out of luck. Your parcel was opened for inspection.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The website from where product was purchased should have mentioned all the charges (including customs) to the buyer.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well the website (Mionix's web-store) didn't mention any of this!

Anyway, what's done is done. I am still not feeling good with how things have gone, but I need to get over this thing.

Kindly close the topic mods, [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom