Paid android apps on sale

Snehit Sah

Broken In
Install once, then uninstall and then it gets added to your account permanently.
Tap on install and then cancel the download.

Quoting from this website: Learn about refunds on Google Play - Google Play Help
You may get an automatic refund if you uninstall a paid app shortly after first buying it. If you want to reinstall the app, you'll have to buy it again and you may not be eligible for a refund on that purchase.

I had installed a paid icon pack from Play Store that was on sale few months back. I uninstalled it after trying it out, thinking that I'll install it on my second phone. Few days later when I tried installing it on my second phone, I was asked to pay for it. Checked it on the first phone, where I had originally downloaded the app, and on that too, I was supposed to pay to install it. Googled up and got to know that if the app is uninstalled shortly after installing, it is removed from your account.

Don't know if others have faced this issue, but I now make sure to keep the app for a week at least whether I need it or not.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe this happens when you uninstall it from playstore uninstall button instead of your phone settings app uninstall option.
Confirmed by testing, this does not happen to zero price apps(installed a zero price premium icon pack then immediately uninstalled it from playstore uninstall button & now when tried again it installed successfully). I guess this happens only if you paid some amount(even if it is 1 rupee) & after installing the app you uninstall it from inside playstore instead of using your phone setting app uninstall option.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Use this method to grab paid for free.
When you install any new app not recognised by your play store.. it shows add to wishlist. It's "add to wishlist" disappeared only when you install that app. By this method you don't need to complete 100% download and install app.
Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File ScreenRecord-20200728-075330.mp4

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Quoting from this website: Learn about refunds on Google Play - Google Play Help

I had installed a paid icon pack from Play Store that was on sale few months back. I uninstalled it after trying it out, thinking that I'll install it on my second phone. Few days later when I tried installing it on my second phone, I was asked to pay for it. Checked it on the first phone, where I had originally downloaded the app, and on that too, I was supposed to pay to install it. Googled up and got to know that if the app is uninstalled shortly after installing, it is removed from your account.

Don't know if others have faced this issue, but I now make sure to keep the app for a week at least whether I need it or not.
Yes this happens.

And, if you purchased an app, this is only way get refund.

i.e. purchase-->install-->don't like, uninstall immediately-->refund is enabled and can get refund.

Refund is not possible if you uninstall after even 2-3 hrs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes this happens.

And, if you purchased an app, this is only way get refund.

i.e. purchase-->install-->don't like, uninstall immediately-->refund is enabled and can get refund.

Refund is not possible if you uninstall after even 2-3 hrs.

Confirmed by testing, this does not happen to zero price apps(installed a zero price premium icon pack then immediately uninstalled it from playstore uninstall button & now when tried again it installed successfully). I guess this happens only if you paid some amount(even if it is 1 rupee) & after installing the app you uninstall it from inside playstore instead of using your phone setting app uninstall option.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdkgameinfinityloop

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alfer.tictactoepro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TheLonelyDeveloper.InfernoVR

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.lonewolfgames.games.thelostship

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xsoftstudio.musicplayer.pro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=power.amp.musicplayer.pi.audioplayer

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xsoftstudio.cpu.identifier.pro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qamp.pro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=music.audio.musicplayer.pro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redantz.game.za2p

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Be careful with posting a Pakistani app that needs precise location via gps & full network access. Edit your post to remove this app.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.piratesoutlaws.fabledgame
*play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6070161350609535667

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Home Workouts Pro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fitness.workouts.home.workoutspro

Learn Spanish - Frase Master Pro

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.masterkeygames.frasespro

Live or Die: Zombie Survival Pro