Overhauling

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Guys what happens to your old pc hardware laying around... Eg i got a asus p4p800se with 1gb ddr1 ram and nvidia geforce fx 5200 card and 40gb hdd laying around what about you? Am planning to boot it... If all goes well what upgrades for addons for motherboard do you suggest
Agp, psu, the stock p4 3.2ghz tends to over heat

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Clean up the heatsink assembly and apply new Heatsink Paste.
As for OS, better use Linux Mint 13 mate/xfce (LTS editions) instead of windows. It'll be better.

No point in doing hardware upgrades for this PC/mobo.

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Clean up the heatsink assembly and apply new Heatsink Paste.
As for OS, better use Linux Mint 13 mate/xfce (LTS editions) instead of windows. It'll be better.

No point in doing hardware upgrades for this PC/mobo.

THE AGP card just dozed off GPU failure
any suggestive alternate at least a GB in size

The CPU heat sink is rattling too ..bearing issues i guess
its an intel pentium prescott stock cooler and it seems to break apart each time a little.

::SOS::

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
THE AGP card just dozed off GPU failure
any suggestive alternate at least a GB in size

The CPU heat sink is rattling too ..bearing issues i guess
its an intel pentium prescott stock cooler and it seems to break apart each time a little.

::SOS::

*www.digit.in/forum/bazaar/190146-sparkle-gt-210-a.html
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION], will the GT 210 be good for the config?

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Ankit... Am acutally planning to use it as download machine and bit of movie watching....

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
the 210 wont be of any use, you have AGP, not PCIe. AGP is extinct IMO. Second hand AGP is also rare to find.

my advice? go to a computer shop, sell them off, you may get ~500-700. Buy a Raspberry Pi B+(second hand)~1500 or a new RPi 2 ~3k. It will be more than enough for what you plan to do.

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Weird windows 7 loaded with 1 gb ram for testing.. The moment i install geforce nvidia drivers for gpu from standard vga adapter it works with resolution upto 1024x 786 later if i go above the screen goes black... Safe mode works upto 1024x786.. Struck at normal booting with black screen... Any work around? Uninstalled completely gpu driver in safe mode yet its struck in blank screen and grabbled spots on normal boot...

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
So guys suggestions for 1.5v agp 4x/8x compatible card 1gb max min 256mb... Suggestions

Well, I have a fully working AGP 8x card. Saffire 9600pro 256MB. It have been tested on windows 7 and still have native vista drivers that you can download from the site. Its actually a good card for watching movies and general multitasking along with some light old gaming.

If you are interested let me know. And yes its much better than the nvidia 5200 that you were using.

A

amit.tiger12

make a server using this old computer...
or media center...

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/15d2a697f74d0d7396dbeba44a182898.jpg*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/89bcf7cff503783efdf93bbc0e862975.jpg

The culprit card

Top Bottom