overclocking greyed BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriniharichu13

Right off the assembly line
guys is it possible to overclock even if the nec. areas(FSB, core voltage, multiplier settings etc.) r greyed out in BIOS ? i own a Asus A7V266-MX mobo with athlon XP2400+ which i purchased just a few months back.

sunmysore

Journeyman
sriniharichu13 said:
guys is it possible to overclock even if the nec. areas(FSB, core voltage, multiplier settings etc.) r greyed out in BIOS ? i own a Asus A7V266-MX mobo with athlon XP2400+ which i purchased just a few months back.

not possible....

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm not familiar with your mobo, but very often some parts of the BIOS settings are greyed out because some automatic, preset or optimal settings are selected elsewhere, and those greyed out portions can be made active by selecting manual settings.

For instance, if you choose 'Auto' for hard disk settings, details of the hard disk like number of cylinders, address mode, etc may be visible but greyed out. You can change those if you select the manual option.

This is often the case with RAM timings, clock speed, multiplier etc etc. The manual option may not be termed 'Manual', but something like 'Expert' or 'Aggressive' or something similar.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
pimpom said:
I'm not familiar with your mobo, but very often some parts of the BIOS settings are greyed out because some automatic, preset or optimal settings are selected elsewhere, and those greyed out portions can be made active by selecting manual settings.

For instance, if you choose 'Auto' for hard disk settings, details of the hard disk like number of cylinders, address mode, etc may be visible but greyed out. You can change those if you select the manual option.

This is often the case with RAM timings, clock speed, multiplier etc etc. The manual option may not be termed 'Manual', but something like 'Expert' or 'Aggressive' or something similar.

Yeah you are quite right pimpom, though presets and such are avialable only for hi-end mobo's. This guy has the MX version and MX's and VM's dont support oc'ing.

Although u can try CPUFSB, i think ur mobo has support in cpufsb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom