Overclocking galaxy y

LeoTechLion

Broken In
Hi guys
I tried to overclock galaxy y using axiom kernel. But its not working. Either it enters into a boot loop or else SIM card won't work. What should be done???

Sent from my Spice Mi-498 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

I used to overclock my galaxy y using no frills cpu app that was pre installed when using jellyblast rom...
Now I am using stock rom and no overclock since a year...
If you soft bricked your phone then use odin to reflash android...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Leave it, I have tried to OC it too. The SoC isn't good enough. Better flash CM11 on it. The phone is crap hardware wise.

$hadow

Geek in making
Hardware limitation is certainly there but why do you want to overclock it? Gain won't be that much noticeable.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
not worth overclocking such poor hardware,youll only worsen the heat and battery life etc
instead,flash a light rom such as CM

OP
L

LeoTechLion

Broken In
thanks guys
I have read a lot of cm 11. will flash it on my phone. (not now as my exams are going )!!

Sent from my Spice Mi-498 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Cm is always a great option for old phones.

or any phone to be precise :D
im planning on flashing my Nexus 5 and 7,am tired of googles poorly optimised updates
CM Lollipop is wayy faster,have seen it in action on my friends N5

$hadow

Geek in making
or any phone to be precise :D
im planning on flashing my Nexus 5 and 7,am tired of googles poorly optimised updates
CM Lollipop is wayy faster,have seen it in action on my friends N5

5.1 for Nexus 5 is out as a factory image. I will wait for that before going to custom rom as a solution.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
5.1 for Nexus 5 is out as a factory image. I will wait for that before going to custom rom as a solution.

yeah ill update OTA and see,if they dont fix it this time,im not buying android devices again unless its something which supports CM

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah ill update OTA and see,if they dont fix it this time,im not buying android devices again unless its something which supports CM

Yeah this is the magic on android. But I am using 5.1 and it is certainly more polished variant of android yet.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There is CM11 for SGY? *_* Gonna flash asap.

Yes there is. Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11/12 (And… | Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 | XDA Forums

Performance isn't upto the standards of kitkat but its mainly due to the crap hardware of the phone. It wasn't supposed to get anything above 2.3.6, so kudos to the devs. :doublethumb:

Top Bottom