Outlast Dicussion Thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Holla,:wave:

I wonder if anyone of u played it or not ?

Outlast

Outlast is a first-person survival horror video game developed and published by Red Barrels, a company founded by designers previously involved with video game franchises such as Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Uncharted.

Engine : Unreal Engine 3.5
Platform(s) : Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Genre(s) : Survival horror

Reviews are +ve and gamers also said that this is a hell scary game
you will poop & piss in your pants :mrgreen:

Whistleblower DLC
A DLC pack called Outlast: Whistleblower serves as an overlapping prequel to the original game. The plot follows Waylon Park, the anonymous tipster to Miles Upshur and shows the events both before and after the main plotline.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Played the game but not the DLC. Game is gosd if you can enjoy it with a headphone and in the dark with no one around you and if you are not going be offended by some naked males :D Anyway, did not like the ending as could have been something else
a real escape - after all the running around and finding paths in dark most will not be happy to get a [ several ] bullet :D

Alok

Adventurer
Played it and it was very good indeed. Didn't tried the dlc. Environment is great, reminds me about fatal frame series I played long ago on PS2.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^^Guys can u try WHistleblower and let me know if it includes the main story gameplay?

wiki says whitleblower is prequel to the main game and is better than it :mrgreen:

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Played it for like 2 hrs or so but couldn't play any further as it was too scary. The cheap scares were just a bit too much for me. But I still have the game and might give it another go sometime.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Started Playing this and right now in Chapter 2

Man this game is hell scary...the dark environment,noises,background music, and even the self-breathing and not to miss the sudden shock moments is very freaking
even running and hiding in lockers/bedroom and using Night Vision mode in Handy Cam is breath taking

a must play for horror fans

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Nope.. I am not playing this game..
I can understand...need some brave hearts to play it :p
I have played so many horror games
Dead Space,D00M 3, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Evil Within
but this game has a unique scary feel which I liked also being a First Person View it gets more realistic and excellent Unreal Engine graphics :-D

the game itself gets spooky from start right from Car and Mansion Entering

there are 8 Chapters and a Whistle blower DLC :hyper:

and the controls are good such a peek view/side view (helps a lot) and also u can see behind while running (how about that :D)

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Finally Completed and it was the most amazing and Freaky experience though I hate the ending :cool:

and now started with Whistle blower DLC (its a prequel)

Top Bottom