Negative Experience Ordered Portable USB Type-C Monitor received Junk DVD Player

dissel

Cyborg Agent
As the title says I ordered Viewsonic VG1655 USB Type-C Portable monitor from Flipkart during 'Big Saving Day Sale' - Instead of receiving the Actual Monitor I received a Junk Philips DVD player, Sony Remote, One used HDMI cable, One sealed 3.5mm to 3.5 Audio Cable, One Sealed Display Port Cable.

Seller is OminiTechRetail.

*www.flipkart.com/viewsonic-15-6-in...n=homepage&ssid=bsbnr22gsw0000001627772628786

I recorded the complete product unboxing as I do these days with any product value of more than 2k, Here is the complete uncut version which is here. Didn't do any editing......The strange part is the package as I never see FK used its own tape to seal the actual product box where they provided sealed outer packaging. Usually, the original product box is sealed by the manufacturer - FK Seal is so thick it took time to open it which you see in this video.

I bought much expensive stuff than this from the FK since 2012-13 with eyes closed, For the first time, I cheated like this.....

• Shipped with sealed delivery box
  • Very strange they apply Thick "Flipkart Sealed" written Tape in the original product box where usually manufacture seal used.
  • The original product box is there but the item is missing.

Ordered 27/07/2021
Received 31/07/2021 around 04:30 PM with OTP verification
Opened around 8 PM same day
- Deeply Shocked, after collecting myself, a Return request was generated with the link of the video around 9 PM

Let's see - What happens, will report the incident.

Last edited:
Recently my friend ordered a USB hub from FK, he got a used one. Luckily no such incident for me yet, but I surely prefer amazon over FK.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
There is something going on within flipkart. It seems 50-60% orders are going wrong. It had happened with me in April. Its better to just not buy anything from these rascals. Save your money.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just to add, ALWAYS record. I think it has become a norm from Amazon/Flipkart to ask for video proof of unboxing for any costly item. Otherwise they might believe the victim is the scammer and might reject the return/replacement.

quicky008

Technomancer
I had in the past ordered certain items from the seller Retailnet on FK and received them in highly damaged/dirty and broken condition-even when i asked for replacements they sent me another batch of damaged goods!

I reported the matter to FK and wrote about my experiences in the reviews but those reviews were never published! The seller ie Retailnet has a highly favourable rating on FK of 4.5 or something similar.

Its sort of like a scam that's currently going on in these major ecommerce portals.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Recently my friend ordered a USB hub from FK, he got a used one. Luckily no such incident for me yet, but I surely prefer amazon over FK.

In my case Seller is 'Appario Retail Pvt LTD' - Read many bad things about malpractice but never believed it until I experienced it myself.

Delivering used items or return items is common practice these days with Amazon IN, Order 27inch LG monitor during Mid April this year, Got an open box item (Applied Tape which is not from manufacturer) with may or may not missing item which is Display Port cable - LG's Manual says that cable bundled with selected markets which got me back off - Not to go for claim. The Monitor came without any physical damage but inside the box teared up the white polythene type cover, The Power brick cable, the AC cable which goes power brick to the wall socket, and the HDMI cable all are (wrapped with each other and form a cable jumble/ball shape) scattered and freely roaming inside the box along with Monitor Stand.

The entire return window I checked inch-by-inch for damage, Run through various Monitor Tests every day but can't find any fault - Hense can't able to return, The monitor comes with 45+ Hours of usage and I'm sure this is a returned item.

Before I buy anything from Amazon and FK, I add it to my wishlist for days to observe the price, For this listing, I observe often there is a listing 1 or 2 pcs of Refurb model by seller 'Apprio' (only name) within 24 hours the product has gone which mean sold - But NO here is the Actual SCAM begins, Amazon/ Appraio Retail / Fulfillment Center Agents here is turning the refurb/returned unit to the brand new model....as usual there is 'Deal of The Day' appear and Delivery with being less than 24 hour in my location which is outskirt of Kolkata not center of the city, As I needed a monitor and don't want to wait so I go ahead.......Once I buy the product the same listing shows Delivery will be 7 days later if I buy another one...which now I know a real brand new box.

Anyhow never buy anything which shows 1 or 2 left in stock they are in most of the time returned items....in some cases same-day delivery if your location is not in the center of the city.

Edit: They are doing the same even Today

*i.imgur.com/HYjRKRs.png

*i.imgur.com/NmeD276.png

Link : Amazon.in

Amazon fulfillment center went so bad these days, Just a couple of days ago bought a '15 min timer' for Semi-Automatic Washing Machine (Small Seller) and that is Amazon Prime Items - First, they ship backside cracked unit whose timing knob is dead and no this is not broken during transit as the delivery box is very sturdy and No due to cracked back Timing function has nothing to do with that.....Asked for replacement then arrived the Good one without any such flaw.....Their tendency is to push the junk first, if the customer failed to claim or opens the box later date then there is complete profit.

Just to add, ALWAYS record. I think it has become a norm from Amazon/Flipkart to ask for video proof of unboxing for any costly item. Otherwise they might believe the victim is the scammer and might reject the return/replacement.

Yes Always - Also like to add use a tripod and phone holder if the phone camera is in use If a family member or friend hold the camera then when the outcome is Sad their hands get moved due to shock of the event and that feels buyer/victim is trying to manipulate the video for cheating.
Last Year iPhone 11 (60-70kish worth back then) SCAM happened at Amazon IN - Unboxing video got famous at YT and a friend holding the camera the entire box goes out-of-frame during the exact desired point.....Didn't follow till the end of his case, but Amazon strongly claimed the buyer swap the mobile and do the cheating.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I stopped buying from FK long time ago.

Last item I bought was Lenovo Core-i3 7th Gen Laptop for 25K but the Seller sent Lenovo Core-i3 6th Gen Laptop. And even after raising a return request, the seller denied the request. I had to contact the FK customer care service 8 times then only the return was accepted finally.

I decided not to buy anything from these Goons on FK.

quicky008

Technomancer
@dissel : How did you find out that the monitor had been in use for 45 or more hours?Is there any tool/software to detect past usage history?

Were there any scratches/smudges/dirt/finger prints on the LCD panel of your monitor when you unpacked it?

quicky008

Technomancer
while we are on this topic,can someone please recommend a budget tripod that is sturdy enough and can be used to mount mobile phones? I found a slew of them on amazon within 300-600 but can't decide which one to get as i have no experience in handling tripods.

It seems keeping a tripod is a must this days for recording unboxing videos for all of our online purchases.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
while we are on this topic,can someone please recommend a budget tripod that is sturdy enough and can be used to mount mobile phones? I found a slew of them on amazon within 300-600 but can't decide which one to get as i have no experience in handling tripods.

It seems keeping a tripod is a must this days for recording unboxing videos for all of our online purchases.
*www.amazon.in/CQLEK-Gorillapod-Lig...keywords=cqlek+gorilla&qid=1627883075&sr=8-16
I had bought this one in march this year, it is good. also comes with phone holder

Edit:- Also, I got a slip with it asking me to rate it 5 stars and get 50 cashback in amazon pay. Ofcourse I didnt rate it, But If you get that slip as well then do tell here

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@dissel : How did you find out that the monitor had been in use for 45 or more hours?Is there any tool/software to detect past usage history?

Were there any scratches/smudges/dirt/finger prints on the LCD panel of your monitor when you unpacked it?

For LG there is an option to show this info which is under Settings ---> General Information, Great Feature.
Attaching the screenshot below inside the spoiler.

How I get my LG monitor - Please check yourself, as always it is Uncut so it is lengthy. Also posting a video of Indian unboxing which I found a month later where the guy thought he may get a returned item but after you go through his video you can clearly understand that his product is a brand new one, The review is in Hindi....And yes there is a Display Port Cable in the Box for the Indian units too.

*i.imgur.com/mMCr9Hr.jpg

My Product Unboxing

The brand new unboxing looks like this.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
In my case Seller is 'Appario Retail Pvt LTD' - Read many bad things about malpractice but never believed it until I experienced it myself.
Appario retail is well known seller in Amazon. I think I have ordered many electronic items from it in the past from Amazon with no issues.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Update Flipkart Case :->>>

31 - Jul - 2021
  • Order Received around 04:30 PM
  • Unboxed Done 08:00 PM - Deeply Shocked
  • Return Claimed along with YT Video Linked - 09:15 PM ----- Rest of the night Sleepless
  • Also Post YT Video Link at FK's Twitter Handle

01 - Aug - 2021
- Around 11:00 AM Received a call from FK's Socal Media Dept about assurance & launch a strict investigation, legal action to the responsible party. Also informed FK CC will soon be in contact via Phone & Email.

03 - Aug - 2021

• Around 05:45 The First Call was received from FK CC - The subject of the phone call is in the attached screenshot
  • Within 15 Min there is a second call about informing 'Money Refund' initiated from their side and by 13 - Aug - 2021 it will be reflected in the Bank A/C, Received several Emails to confirm that.
----------------------------
Without well-lit steady video - I will be living in Hell now.

----------------------------

*i.imgur.com/l2v74VY.png

*i.imgur.com/BbQhf17.png

*i.imgur.com/R9MsYLp.png

*i.imgur.com/XgqtDr8.png

*i.imgur.com/YNkSkCf.png

*i.imgur.com/IdxitrU.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom