Operating Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquafusion

Journeyman
I have the following operating systems cd,s
I would like to know which is the best , so that i can install it.
Plz note i do not have a tv tuner card for media center.

the OS versions are as follows:
1)Professional versions
-xp, Pro retail
-xp,pro OEM
-xp, pro Corp
2)Home versions
-xp, home retail
-xp,home OEM
3)Media center edition 2005
Which should i choose
retail, OEM or Corp, and whats the difference.
My primary use is for college project works, games, movies, musics and softwares.
Thanks

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The are all same just licening terms are different !!!

Pro would be best of them all :p

do even know total price of the products u have with ur self ??

praka123

left this forum longback
^yep.wanna say the same :-| and let u know there are other operating systems too that may not cost u buying licenses.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
LOL, the easiest way to identify the linux fans in the crowd. Admit that you are a pirate and watch their faces go black as they pull out their hammers.

rocket357

Security freak
The Unknown said:
Use Linux for free! :p You pirate! :p :D
I use Linux for free...and I use WinXP and Win2003 for free (no, not pirated!). Academic Alliance is something Microsoft is doing that I like quite a bit (oh, and I got SQL Server 2005 and VS 2005 for free, too...hahaha).

I would claim that I actually paid for at least one of the operating systems in my house, but my wife's copy of WinXP was given to her by a friend...so I guess we're cheap...hahaha.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
rocket357 said:
I use Linux for free...and I use WinXP and Win2003 for free (no, not pirated!). Academic Alliance is something Microsoft is doing that I like quite a bit (oh, and I got SQL Server 2005 and VS 2005 for free, too...hahaha).

I would claim that I actually paid for at least one of the operating systems in my house, but my wife's copy of WinXP was given to her by a friend...so I guess we're cheap...hahaha.

Well if your wife's copy was "given" to her by a friend then its pirated. The license is not transferrable

rocket357

Security freak
NucleusKore said:
Well if your wife's copy was "given" to her by a friend then its pirated. The license is not transferrable
Taken from the Windows XP Professional EULA available in pdf form from:

*www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx

EULA said:
Transfer to Third Party . The initial user of the Software may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and Software to another end user, provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. This transfer must include the Software and the Proof of License label. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.
It's my understanding that this is software he purchased and no longer possesses in any way, shape, or form, and since we have the original CD and proof of license, it's perfectly legal. =)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Unless it is the OEM version, I think it is perfectly legal.

And by the way, Academic Alliance might not allow you to legally use the software in your home system now, does it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom