Operating System Sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saiaspire

Hi,

I want to install the following operating system, which one should i install first and which one should be installed last.

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition R2

Windows XP Pro with SP2

Windows 2000 Professional

Please tell me the order

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you are using a Home PC, there is no need for Win2003 & Win2k. You should better be content with WinXP. If you still insist, it doesnt matter which order you install them. But, it makes sense to install WinXP first.

Theres one more thing thats eating me. Does that WinXP of yours exist on one disc?

OP
S

saiaspire

My Windows xp exists in a dvd( I slipstreamed my original XP with SP2 and burned it).

So the order for installing the os is Win2k->WinXp->Win2003, right?> Pls Help

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
1=>(if home computer) No need for Xp and 2000 both. Either 1 is enough, XP recommended.
2=>(if office computer) Server 2003 is enough
3=>(if the reason is experimentation)NT adds all available windows in its BOOT.ini automatically.....so the order should be 2k->XP->NT (i hope u have a good system config)

OP
S

saiaspire

Thanks for helping me guys.

My system configuration is:

P4 2.8HT
1 GB RAM
865GLV
LG DVD WRITER

parthbarot

In the zone
keep only 2 if u want then...
i thnk XP alone is ok..

but if u want 2 then install 2000 1st and then XP.

3 OS is just useless and madness...ur all the space eaten by OSs...:)

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
saiaspire said:
Thanks for helping me guys.

My system configuration is:

P4 2.8HT
1 GB RAM
865GLV
LG DVD WRITER

Hmm....thats far better than the minimum requirements..but i wonder why ppl say servers need too much resources....hmm :-?

abracadabra

Journeyman
simply do not go forward and use Microsoft Windows 2003 Sever as too many services and resources of your system will be utilised. But if u still insist on onstalling WIN2003Server have atleast 512 Mb of ram in u r system for a smooth functioning.
Install the Operating sytem in following order.
.1. Windows XP (Prof or Home Editions)
.2. Windows 2003 Sever Enterprise Edition (5 different versions are available)

Now why not Windows 2000 Prof coz XP is an advanced version to Windows 2000. I guess r u planning to try for any of the Microsoft Certifications.......???

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Only if you install Linux, windows should be installed first..if all are windows you can install in any order..

OP
S

saiaspire

I appreciate the help guys.

And thanks for replying.

Actually i wanna install 3 oses coz:
1. Win 2003 Server - Study purpose
2. Win Xp- Father uses for Video Editing, Internet and Messegers.
3. Win2k- For gaming only, no antivirus or stupid things will be installed(to maximise performance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom