Opera browser not launching

harsvp

Broken In
I am unable to launch Opera as it gives an error message C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Opera beta\72.0.3815.49\opera.exe - Unspecified error

I haven't deleted any files and don't know why this is happening. Also if I try to uninstall it, nothing happens.

How can I get this to work?

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Sign in/sign up with your default email and make a habit of syncing everything everywhere. Use the 64 bit version. You'll have your bookmarks etc every time you will reinstall. Life time solution.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Opera has sidebar with whatsapp/telegram and a lot more integrated on it's side bar. I think it is a very under-rated browser.
True there is no realistic way to emulate the sidebar. But using a better browsing like FF or Chrome is just more convenient.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
H

harsvp

Broken In
I installed a new version but did not get my old bookmarks/favourites. Also I'm still unable to remove the older version.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Opera has sidebar with whatsapp/telegram and a lot more integrated on it's side bar. I think it is a very under-rated browser.

Login to whatsapp web, telgram web and Instagram Web and then bookmark it. it will work the same but will open on the same Tab

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
True there is no realistic way to emulate the sidebar. But using a better browsing like FF or Chrome is just more convenient.

I was a big FF fan. Years ago after a clean install I lost all my bookmarks forever. I had it all synced. Emailed them, tried the basic recovery steps. Nothing worked. Now I'm happy with chrome as primary opera as secondary browser. I've also tried their then 64bit waterfox.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Login to whatsapp web, telgram web and Instagram Web and then bookmark it. it will work the same but will open on the same Tab
I know but the way opera has it by default makes it very unique. That's all. I just use it as a back up browser.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I was a big FF fan. Years ago after a clean install I lost all my bookmarks forever. I had it all synced. Emailed them, tried the basic recovery steps. Nothing worked. Now I'm happy with chrome as primary opera as secondary browser. I've also tried their then 64bit waterfox.
64 bit is the default one now. I don't even use chrome except youtube or netflix. Firefox is the main driver now.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Not acquired, but owns majority stake IIRC.
Opera has sold most of itself to a Chinese consortium for $600 million. The buyers, led by search and security firm Qihoo 360, are purchasing Opera's browser business, its privacy and performance apps, its tech licensing and, most importantly, its name

*www.engadget.com/2016-07-18-opera-browser-sold-to-a-chinese-consortium-for-600-million.html

Top Bottom