Open source wallpaper app for Android

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Do you guys use any wallpaper app in your phones ? Google Wallpapers has very limited selection and the backgrounds arent 1440p/4K, so does look a bit blurry on 1440p phones.

The rest of the apps I found like Walli are all paid with free wallpapers either having a paywall or ads.
Even the "opensource" prism app has ads. So, are there any alternative ? Like a proper true free wallpaper app without ads or spyware

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I personally don't use any such app, but I doubt anything you get on the play store for free would be devoid of ads. Your only option I think would be to pay for the pro version of whatever app you want to use if you want to remove ads.

You could try searching on F-Droid and see but I doubt you will find too many wallpaper apps there.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried WallP, and it seems will give a good experience, if i buy paid one (no ads).
Although selection seems low, ill spend my reward credits on it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.wallpaperChanger&hl=en
This helps to cycle through a folder of wallpapers but you need to have your own downloaded wallpapers. I used to download all the wallpapers from a post of imgur. Put all of them in a single folder and cycle through each everyday. I follow this only for desktop now.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried WallP, and it seems will give a good experience, if i buy paid one (no ads).
Although selection seems low, ill spend my reward credits on it.
Try all of these first before choosing to pay for it.

You never know there might be a superb Wallpaper changer for you hiding in the Shadows ;)

Top Bottom