[Open] DirectX issue

harsvp

Broken In
Hi,

I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate & now I am unable to run games which were installed earlier. The error message I get is : d3dx9_29.dll is missing or xinput1_3.dll missing. I have tried to change compatibility settings in the games but still I get the error. However I am able to play some games without doing any changes.

Currently Direct X 11 is installed so what should I do to be able to play the games?

Thanks.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
the missing dll are from DirectX9 version so download & install latest version of DirectX 9 and your problem will be solved.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi,

I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate & now I am unable to run games which were installed earlier. The error message I get is : d3dx9_29.dll is missing or xinput1_3.dll missing. I have tried to change compatibility settings in the games but still I get the error. However I am able to play some games without doing any changes.

Currently Direct X 11 is installed so what should I do to be able to play the games?

Thanks.

Install this:Download DirectX 9.0c (Jun 10) - FileHippo.com

See the difference.

OP
H

harsvp

Broken In
Install this:Download DirectX 9.0c (Jun 10) - FileHippo.com

See the difference.

Will this install over DirectX 11 & remove it or will it add to it as I want to keep the latest version of DirectX. Also will it be virus/malware free to download from file hippo?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just try to install D9. As per my experience it will say something like "Newer version of DirectX already installed" and quit. But it doesn't hurt to try.
Filehippo is a trusted site, so no worries there.

Also, have you tried reinstalling the game? Or are you using some pre-installed folder of some kind. Try re-installing the game.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
:+1: to re-installing the games if you haven't already.
As far as DX9 is concerned, I think most games prompt to download and install DX9 if it is not installed.

gameranand

Living to Play
Will this install over DirectX 11 & remove it or will it add to it as I want to keep the latest version of DirectX. Also will it be virus/malware free to download from file hippo?

It will install whats required to run the game, if game only requires DirectX. PERIOD.
Yes filehippo is malware free.

Top Bottom