[Open] 12 GB RAM in Laptop not working great.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I have a Lenovo G510 (i5 4200M + 500 GB HDD + AMD radeon 8570M 2GB + (4GB + 8GB = 12 GB) RAM @ 800MHz(as in HW info) Latency timing = 11-11-11-28
I have added the extra 8GB RAM to help my Video Rendering needs.
now, I think my system doesn't work quite good as it should (since it has 12 Gigs of RAM)
it lags quite a few times.
Please suggest any settings and configurations to use the RAM to its full potential. so that the max amount of ram can be used while rendering and other tasks

Thanks.
Note : Please ask for any other info needed to solve this.

tkin

Back to school!!
I have a Lenovo G510 (i5 4200M + 500 GB HDD + AMD radeon 8570M 2GB + (4GB + 8GB = 12 GB) RAM @ 800MHz(as in HW info) Latency timing = 11-11-11-28
I have added the extra 8GB RAM to help my Video Rendering needs.
now, I think my system doesn't work quite good as it should (since it has 12 Gigs of RAM)
it lags quite a few times.
Please suggest any settings and configurations to use the RAM to its full potential. so that the max amount of ram can be used while rendering and other tasks

Thanks.
Note : Please ask for any other info needed to solve this.
The laptop cpu is holding it back, rendering is very cpu/gpu intensive, the ram size doesn't mean much beyond 8GB. Check if the cpu is throttling during rendering.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
The laptop cpu is holding it back, rendering is very cpu/gpu intensive, the ram size doesn't mean much beyond 8GB. Check if the cpu is throttling during rendering.

its a i5 4200M.
what percentage of CPU usage can be considered a throttle ?
and i've observed, the Clock frequency of the laptop fluctuates very much all the time (not only during rendering)

- - - Updated - - -

and how much paging file size should I keep ?
or should i keep it system managed ?

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
its a i5 4200M.
what percentage of CPU usage can be considered a throttle ?
and i've observed, the Clock frequency of the laptop fluctuates very much all the time (not only during rendering)

- - - Updated - - -

and how much paging file size should I keep ?
or should i keep it system managed ?
search google for "thermal throttling"

Top Bottom