Op 5t

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

My friend wants to sell his op5t. 8gigs+128gigs black. Bought in January last week. Invoice, box+all accessories included, 2 original op cases, 1 otter box, 1 set of dbrand skin will come with it. How much should he quote the price? If anyone's interested here then please let me know.

Thanks

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@Zangetsu
Brother many websites are quoting him a max of 22k now including sahivalue and that too will be confirmed after the phone reaches them. The rest are quoting like 14-18k. No one is buying this junk in the offline market.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@Zangetsu
Brother many websites are quoting him a max of 22k now including sahivalue and that too will be confirmed after the phone reaches them. The rest are quoting like 14-18k. No one is buying this junk in the offline market.
People think accessories should be free with the phone. They don't care about how expensive those may be.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
With OP6 out starting at 35k nobody will buy OP5T for 30k. 26k to 28k is much more reasonable. Ask your friend to try in his local facebook group. If somebody is ready to give 28k , just sell it before the phone loses value even more. Electronics lose value fast especially Phones.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
With OP6 out starting at 35k nobody will buy OP5T for 30k. 26k to 28k is much more reasonable. Ask your friend to try in his local facebook group. If somebody is ready to give 28k , just sell it before the phone loses value even more. Electronics lose value fast especially Phones.
True that. But no one buys this phone, hell most people haven't heard about this phone who are not much connected to yt or the digital world. I told him to keep this phone as a secondary unit but way too many issues with it.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
True that. But no one buys this phone, hell most people haven't heard about this phone who are not much connected to yt or the digital world. I told him to keep this phone as a secondary unit but way too many issues with it.

May I know the issues you are referring to? Some of my friends have 5T and they seem very happy with its overall performance.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
May I know the issues you are referring to? Some of my friends have 5T and they seem very happy with its overall performance.
WORST camera, google oil paint effect. EIS is a joke. When users asked them regarding an update for the camera since the 5t and 6 have almost the same camera except OIS, their official reply on twitter was no more camera updates for the 5t especially the front portrait camera.
Paint chipping issue. Even 10k phones have good finish.
Blocking of softwares like SHealth.
No HD streaming for Netflix out of the box. For this you are supposed to visit a customer care centre and get it activated for free, some L1 thing. But we have only 1 cc centre in our state and that is like 400 kms away in other city. When my friend called them, they said they don't have the machine to activate the same.
There are tons of other bugs like hotspot stops working, others folder consuming 40+gbs etc.
With every update op is including bloatware apps. Some can be deleted, some can't be.
About performance sure if you have 8 gigs of ram then any phone will be "fast". But this phone is supposed to be "fast" since it is stock.
Op is clone of CRApple. It is only successful because of their marketing gimmicks and paid yt reviews. Hell they are "sponsoring" tons of reviews etc. on xda also these days.

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
WORST camera, google oil paint effect. EIS is a joke. When users asked them regarding an update for the camera since the 5t and 6 have almost the same camera except OIS, their official reply on twitter was no more camera updates for the 5t especially the front portrait camera.
Paint chipping issue. Even 10k phones have good finish.
Blocking of softwares like SHealth.
No HD streaming for Netflix out of the box. For this you are supposed to visit a customer care centre and get it activated for free, some L1 thing. But we have only 1 cc centre in our state and that is like 400 kms away in other city. When my friend called them, they said they don't have the machine to activate the same.
There are tons of other bugs like hotspot stops working, others folder consuming 40+gbs etc.
With every update op is including bloatware apps. Some can be deleted, some can't be.
About performance sure if you have 8 gigs of ram then any phone will be "fast". But this phone is supposed to be "fast" since it is stock.
Op is clone of CRApple. It is only successful because of their marketing gimmicks and paid yt reviews. Hell they are "sponsoring" tons of reviews etc. on xda also these days.
I am using 5t and half of the issues you mentioned are non existence. Paint chipping only occurs if you use the case that came with the phone. They never include any bloatware in updates, name any if you are really using the device.
Camera oil paint issue is there unfortunately. Also 5 and 5t are getting front cam portrait mode.

It seems you really hate OP. Because you are not even using the phone and criticizing it.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@RohanM
I am using 5t and half of the issues you mentioned are non existence.
BUGplus fanboy eh? Ever tried searching for it in their community? Tons of users are complaining about the same.

Paint chipping only occurs if you use the case that came with the phone.
So, that means they are supplying faulty cases? This issue happened with people who are using 3rd party cases also. So, all cases are bad?

They never include any bloatware in updates, name any if you are really using the device.
Google Pay is one of them which cannot be deleted. And tons of icons pack etc. which were included in the Oreo update. The latter could be deleted though.

Camera oil paint issue is there unfortunately. Also 5 and 5t are getting front cam portrait mode.

Did you ever check their community? They have cleared it on twitter that no front cam portrait for the 5 and 5t.

It seems you really hate OP. Because you are not even using the phone and criticizing it.
A very close friend of mine is. I was on the verge of buying the same few months back. It seems that you are a fanboy.
Let's get ready to rumble.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I hope the issues of 5T are resolved in OP6
Most of the issues are software related. They can easily be resolved in the 5t but they won't do it because it will impact the sales of the 6. Same reason they are not bringing front portrait camera to the 5t.

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@RohanM
I am using 5t and half of the issues you mentioned are non existence.
BUGplus fanboy eh? Ever tried searching for it in their community? Tons of users are complaining about the same.

Paint chipping only occurs if you use the case that came with the phone.
So, that means they are supplying faulty cases? This issue happened with people who are using 3rd party cases also. So, all cases are bad?

They never include any bloatware in updates, name any if you are really using the device.
Google Pay is one of them which cannot be deleted. And tons of icons pack etc. which were included in the Oreo update. The latter could be deleted though.

Did you ever check their community? They have cleared it on twitter that no front cam portrait for the 5 and 5t.

A very close friend of mine is. I was on the verge of buying the same few months back. It seems that you are a fanboy.
Let's get ready to rumble.
This proves you don't use the device at all.

1. There are only 3 icon packs, one plus, round, square which are there since nougat days.

2. There is no Google pay installed with any of the OTA.

3. You need to search the forum instead of telling others, paint chipping happens due to stock case only.

I am not a fan boy at all, see my signature, this is my first OP device.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom