Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Rajasthan Royals

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crawwww

Banned
I got permission from the mod to start a new thread with the same poll. I have changed the thread title so nobody shud have any complaints. Now with IPL and the world cup coming close it's important that we have a serious thread on cricket.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/ba/MumbaiIndians.png/167px-MumbaiIndians.png

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/RoyalChallengersBangalore.png

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a6/HyderabadDeccanChargers.png/200px-HyderabadDeccanChargers.png

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/95/ChennaiSuperKings.png/200px-ChennaiSuperKings.png

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Dd_logo.gif

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fa/KingsXI.png/150px-KingsXI.png

*t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VvozSWa2nRSfEM:*www.iplkhabar.com/images/wallpapers/Kolkata-Knight-Riders-wallpapers.jpg

*t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:c5o06F0ooQG6WM:*seshdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/rajroy.gif

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I hate to watch but love to play the game. Last time when my friend went crazy over sachin's century I told him "If they play everyday, sooner or later someone will hit a century :|".
Good cricket is dead.

OP
crawwww

crawwww

Banned
It's been a good summer for King Ponting.

*im.rediff.com/cricket/2010/feb/22ponting.jpg

"Despite losing a number of big-name players in recent years, I believe we played some very good cricket. The problem was we'd either been really good or really ordinary, which cost us the Test series against South Africa [ Images ] in Australia [ Images ] last summer and the Ashes," Ponting wrote in an article for The Australian.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tendulkar >>>> Ponting, anyday and everyday.

He has outperformed Ponting in the last 2.5 years easily.

OP
crawwww

crawwww

Banned
Tendulkar >>>> Ponting, anyday and everyday.

He has outperformed Ponting in the last 2.5 years easily.

Why do u like tendulkar so much? he proved to ineffective in world cups, is a poor captain, most uncharitable person, reluctant to pay taxes. Whereas steve waugh who has earnings much less than tendlya has done so much charity

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a saying, if Cricket is a religion, then Tendulkar is God.

If you don't know about his charity, then don't talk. He's a silent crusader.

Ineffecive in World Cups?? WC 2003 was a Tendulkar story, completely. That tax thing was a media bull$hit, lol it was Jaswant Singh who decided to waive custom fees as Tendulkar had equalled Bradman's record. :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Why do u like tendulkar so much? he proved to ineffective in world cups, is a poor captain, most uncharitable person, reluctant to pay taxes. Whereas steve waugh who has earnings much less than tendlya has done so much charity

2007 cricket world cup : this was a major flop
2003 cricket world cup leading run scorer: Sachin and India went to Finals.
1999 cricket world cup leading run scorer: not-sachin and India knocked out in second leg
1996 cricket world cup leading run scorer: Sachin and India went to Semis. Sachin made 65 runs and got out when India was as 98 and we all know what happened.

If you noticed the trend, whenever Sachin clicked, India did well in World Cup. Now, just because other teammates were so pathetic and fearful, how can you point the finger towards Sachin.

and if you compare him to Ponting,

he doesn't cheat like Ponting
he doesn't sledge like Ponting
he doesn't disrespect others like Ponting

Have you ever seen Sachin acting in un-gentlemanly behaviour when he was given out incorrectly or when someone made a rash comment on him.

He may not have got India world cup but is one of the very few Gentlemen left in the game today like Laxman and Dravid.

Australia won so many world cups and the reason is simple, they don't lean on others shoulders and this is something that Indian cricket is slowly learning. But not yet. You saw the difference that VVS made to the team (Ind VS SA test series).

Sachin, Dravid, Laxman are living legends of the game. They are bound to have off-days once in a while. Who doesn't? That should not undermine the dearth of talent among these 3 greats.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
+1 to desiibond. Sachin is not only a batting maestro, he can also bowl and has taken a lot of wickets and fields well enough.
Heck Sachin gives all in each match he plays. Watched yesterday's match? In spite of his age, he dived and saved a certain boundary and you know what India won by a single run.
I know Sachin bashing has become fashionable among people these days but one who will think straight, it wont be a genius to figure out the greatest batsman in the modern era and also a great role model unlike likes of Ponting.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
I've heard these lines many times.. "Sachin is GOD!" ; "He is Sh!t :-x" ; "Too many fu(king ads" ; "He should retire now"... But I know only the first statement is correct!! :D

Moreover I like cricket VERY much.. Just because I don't know 'even a single rule' of football :| #FML #phail
Watched Liverpool vs Manchester United last day..:D 0-0 :( Edit: LOL! it will be City.. :| :D
Oh by the way it was just Sachin jiske vage se we won the last match.. that 4 run save.. #sachingisgod :D

P.S. Edit the Poll?
Q: Sachin is GOD?
Option 1: You doubt? He is GOD!!
Option 2: Agree Option 1! :D

Last edited:

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
I've heard these lines many times.. "Sachin is GOD!" ; "He is Sh!t :-x" ; "Too many fu(king ads" ; "He should retire now"... But I know only the first statement is correct!! :D

i think i saw this sometime before :D

Watched Liverpool vs Manchester United last day..:D 0-0 :(

on which channel :lol: coz espn showed citeh vs liverpool yest :D no offence meant dude :)

ntl,the fact is Sachin=living legend of cricket.anybody who disagrees,doesnt understand the sport.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
tbh, Ponting doesn't have that extra bit of genius to be in the league of Tendulkar and Lara.

But great player indeed he is, with that exceptional pull shot.

Watched Liverpool vs Manchester United last day..:D 0-0 :(
NOTW :D

Last edited:

Aspire

Padawan
Looks like everyone hates Kolkata!!! :D

Delhi Daredevils Rock!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Vaibhav's NOTW again ??

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

The new teams havent been declared yet............................

New Venues: Dharamsala, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam and Ahmedabad

BTW Isn't Dharamshala a hill station near McLeod Ganj (Dalai Lama) ????

OP
crawwww

crawwww

Banned
Afridi feels the ball tampering incident was blown out of proportion.

"I think the ball tampering incident was blown out of proportion by some quarters who wanted to damage my reputation and hurt my career. Look at golf super star Tiger Woods. He made a mistake and he apologised to his followers and chapter may shortly be closed"

Check out the ball tampering vid:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMoKrSrN6I

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, it has been blown out of proportion. Tony Greig had put it spot on by saying, "Most bowlers have indulged in ball-tampering and ball-tampering is an open secret."

Youtube tags are to be used like this: [.youtube]XjMoKrSrN6I[./youtube] (without the dot)

[youtube]XjMoKrSrN6I[/youtube]

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Those were the good days when Richie Benaud used to commentate.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

And you again see the real Gentleman in Sachin. He walked away himself @ 8:25 when he was out. The Umpire was not declaring him out.

So, "wannabe kirkit phans" should first know their facts. I've got good knowledge about Cricket and I always know what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom