OnePlus 6’s Face Unlock feature fails

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
One of the OnePlus 6 users has posted a video on Twitter showing how the smartphone can be unlocked with a mere print cutout of the face of the owner. “I printed my face to unlock my OnePlus 6 for the lulz... it worked,” said the video caption on Twitter. What’s worse is that the Face Unlock feature is said to work even with a Black and White printed face. “Black and White also works,” said the user when asked by others in later tweets.
I printed my face to unlock my OnePlus 6 for the lulz... it worked

Is Face Unlock a joke ?

Source: WATCH: OnePlus 6’s Face Unlock feature fails when used with a printed photo | Gadgets Now

billubakra

Conversation Architect
One of the OnePlus 6 users has posted a video on Twitter showing how the smartphone can be unlocked with a mere print cutout of the face of the owner. “I printed my face to unlock my OnePlus 6 for the lulz... it worked,” said the video caption on Twitter. What’s worse is that the Face Unlock feature is said to work even with a Black and White printed face. “Black and White also works,” said the user when asked by others in later tweets.

Is Face Unlock a joke ?

Source: WATCH: OnePlus 6’s Face Unlock feature fails when used with a printed photo | Gadgets Now
In the company's defence they never said that it is a secured option. They always recommend a fingerprint/password. Even CRapple's face id is not secure.
Having said that, both these companies suck. They are only successful because of their gimmicks.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
In the company's defence they never said that it is a secured option. They always recommend a fingerprint/password. Even CRapple's face id is not secure.
Having said that, both these companies suck. They are only successful because of their gimmicks.

Apple's face unlock is way too secure than any other phone currently available in the market. To my knowledge, none got success when trying to cheat it via printed pictures, twin sibling etc.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Apple's face unlock is way too secure than any other phone currently available in the market. To my knowledge, none got success when trying to cheat it via printed pictures, twin sibling etc.

lololololol

+
A Chinese guy nailed it with a 3d printed mask.

Vineet as per my knowledge till date no one has been able to bypass the intelligent scan(whatever that is called which combines face+iris) in your S9+.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Even though apple face unlock is more secure than Android phones face unlock but still it couldn't distinguish between TWINS.

I read it somewhere that there is research on Ear scanning, coz just like the fingerprints the Ears are also unique identity to each one of us.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@billubakra @Zangetsu @Flash
Lol, I checked it when X was just out. Youtube is now filled with videos proving that it isn't safe. One thing is that asians and blacks are able to cheat it easily. I wonder why..lol
They must incorporate iris scanner to make it more robust.

Well, OP6 or other phones still come with fingerprint scanner which is the safest bio metric lock. Wonder if Iphone X users put in passcode or pattern every time to unlock their phone like its 2011. lol

Minion

Conversation Architect
Face unlock is stupid anyway, I don't understand why would anyone use that feature. Both fingerprint and PIN are much better option I generally prefer fingerprint scanner as it doesn't requires you to press power button to wake device
Most face unlock in Android requires you to press power button which defeats its main purpose i.e pressing power button each time to unlock your phone.

PradeepSN

Broken In

Is Face Unlock a joke ?

Just now bought Oneplus 6 and I am seeing this :banghead:

Top Bottom