One Plus One or LG G3 ?

hearthacker

Journeyman
Hi,

I have been looking at a lot of YouTube videos which put these two devices head to head and one common point is that the LG G3's battery sucks big time and on the other hand the One Plus One's battery is awesome! I understand that the battery in One Plus One doesnt have to power such a high pixel density screen but is it really THAT BAD?
I am looking to switch from my Asus ZenFone 5. Kindly help me choose a good android phone with a good camera and decent battery life. Or should I wait 2-3 more months for a newer phone?
Thanks~!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They are in very different budget segments. Oneplus One costs 22k, while G3 is almost double that. Give your budget and fill the questionnaire. :|

eureka

Banned
^ :facepalm:

G3 is priced at 30-32k on eBay, yeah not with warranty, but still. Deal 02 NEW Imported LG G3 32GB | eBay

Yeah you should wait for MWC to happen, which is just a month away. G3 has poor battery life, as everyone knows. Besides the display itself has problems (see XDA), so I don't know why would you buy that anyway. One Plus One, okay phone. In any case unless you are restricted with your budget both phones are not really anything great.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would suggest you to wait for Zenphone 2 and if you can't wait then One plus one is pretty good phone.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^confuses things further -price wise
add in the Yu Yureka and we ll be suggesting- 9k,15k,22k,40k phones :D

@ op Both phones are awesome but it depends purely on your preference and requirements to choose between the two
hardware wise,both are fairly identical
software wise,LG G3 should get updates and so will OPO thanks to CM
G3 has some bootloader issues(source wasnt released which made root and roms difficult) which have been resolved(?) and CM11 nightlies now support G3 so I expect a proper stable ROM soon

Why are you switching from Zenfone 5 anyway?any particular reason?

$hadow

Geek in making
G3 still isn't the best out there and quad hd screen is always over stressing the SD 801. Better go for 1+

A

amit.tiger12

choose devices between sd 805 and sd 810 processors.. don't buy other phones.. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

or wait for sd 820.. may be at end of 2015... but if sd 810 has some real heating issue and some bugs.. then it will definitely launch early.. And I think 820 will be real octa core till date..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
you may also consider the HTC Desire 820
it has great specs and can easily pass as a 40k phone!!

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^confuses things further -price wise
add in the Yu Yureka and we ll be suggesting- 9k,15k,22k,40k phones :D

One plus One can easily do what LG G3 can that too with a lower price tag that is the reason why i suggested OPO and Zenphone 2.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
One plus One can easily do what LG G3 can that too with a lower price tag that is the reason why i suggested OPO and Zenphone 2.

no doubt about that!! im not disagreeing,im saying the price difference is rather funny :D :p
i dont think he'd want zenfone 2 since he already has zenfone 5
I think OPO or HTC D820 is more vfm than LG G3 except for the bells and whistles such as Lg exclusive software,accessories etc(Cyanogenmod has better apps for the same purposes imho)

$hadow

Geek in making
1+ is still the best and will be fiercely challenged after 29 Jan once MI4 launch in India.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
personally I dont like xiaomi phones' feel and finish,it doesnt feel like an expensive phone,OPO feels more premium than even Nexus 5 imho

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
My dad has HTC 820 and mom has oneplus one. I would definitely say to go for the oneplus one. Better looks(although that is subjective), more RAM, 64 GB inbuilt(no card slot though), a full hd screen vs 720p screen on HTC.

Minion

Conversation Architect
no doubt about that!! im not disagreeing,im saying the price difference is rather funny :D :p
i dont think he'd want zenfone 2 since he already has zenfone 5
I think OPO or HTC D820 is more vfm than LG G3 except for the bells and whistles such as Lg exclusive software,accessories etc(Cyanogenmod has better apps for the same purposes imho)

Zenphone 2 is huge improvement over Zenphone 5 much better processor and GPU.Yeah i agree price difference is funny but if you look at OPO,Zenphone 2,Mi4 then i laugh at Sony,Samsung,Lg etc for overpricing phones.

- - - Updated - - -

personally I dont like xiaomi phones' feel and finish,it doesnt feel like an expensive phone,OPO feels more premium than even Nexus 5 imho

I agree that Xiaomi phones doesn't looks like premium phones but Mi4 is different it looks much premium.

Top Bottom