one plus Nord ce 3 hangs up and poor performance

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I am Rupesh and I have brought oppo Nord ce 3 and it frequently hangs up and performance is very slow.

My phone has 8 gb ram and Qualcomm Snapdragon 788g processor but still the performance is slow. It came with Android 13.

I brought oppo Nord ce 3 10 days back and after that I have installed os update through ota. The update was security update I mean it is not an update to Android 14. At present my phone is running Oxygen os Android 13.

Actually my phone has an 512 gb external memory card Samsung and it is loaded with MP3 and other files. I usually listen to music and copy from internal memory to external memory card and vice versa.

So I have installed es explorer file manager and solid explorer file manager.

Whenever I try to launch es explorer file manager and open the directory containing music files it shows message as loading and even after two minutes it still shows message as loading and finally opens.

When I switch to another app like folder player and play music and come back to es explorer the last opened folder is last and it starts from the beginning and when I try to open the same previous directory it still shows message as loading upto two minutes.

The same thing is happening with solid explorer also.

Along with one plus Nord ce 3 I have brought oppo pad air which has Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor and 6 gb ram and it's performance is ten times better than one plus Nord ce 3.

One plus Nord ce 3 has better hardware than oppo pad air but still the performance is ten times lower.

Regarding one plus Nord ce 3 everything is working fine except that file system is slow and I think it has ufs 2.1 and not ufs 3.1.

Suppose I open any text editor and enter some text and keep it away for five minutes and after that try to open the same text editor the previously entered text is lost.

When I open es explorer file manager and keep away for five minutes and after that try to open the same es explorer file manager the previous opened directory is last and it starts from the beginning.

When I am examining files in es explorer file manager the folder player music player stops playing I mean it is hang.

With in 20 minutes the music player stops or hangs upto three times.

I have selected option allow background activity and even selected option don't optimise for the following apps

1) es explorer file manager
2) folder player music player
3) solid explorer

There is no use and finally I have selected option high performance mode under battery section and even no use I mean es explorer starts from the beginning.

Finally what I want to say is it's not keeping background activity.

As my phone has 8 gb ram only 4 gb ram is being used and remaining 4 gb ram is free. I have noticed ram usage under running services of developer options.

Kindly try to suggest what is the reason behind app hangs and how to improve my phone performance.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Sent from my OPD2102A using Tapatalk

Remove SD card, see how the phone works. If it is working well, RMA the SD card if it is still in warranty (backup files first).

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
The same sdcard worked fine in my previous android smartphone LG G7 plus thinq.

While using LG G7 PLUS THINQ there was no hang up or loading messages.

The current phone is not keeping background processes and I think we need to change some setting in order to work well.

The same sdcard worked fine in my previous android smartphone LG G7 plus thinq.

While using LG G7 PLUS THINQ there was no hang up or loading messages.

The current phone is not keeping background processes and I think we need to change some setting in order to work well.

1 min it works, other min it dies - that's how tech is.

So do what I said if you are least bit bothered in finding the root cause of your problem. No matter how much people criticise about oppo's UI, it is not that bad.

Aggressive RAM management might be happening. Use a different text editor that actively saves stuff like Google Keep.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have two Android devices one is oppo pad air tablet and one plus Nord ce 3 smartphone.

The problem is not with oppo but with one plus Nord ce 3.

The sdcard is not dead and working properly but the one plus Nord ce 3 is not working.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I have noticed a number of entries related to power and performance they are

Turn on high performance mode
Sleep stand by optimisation
Power saving mode on or off

Specially for apps I found the following

Under "optimise battery use" section of battery I found three entries for each app auto-optimise,don't optimise, always ask.

Under the app management I found the following entries for each app

Pause app activity if unused
Allow foreground activity
Allow background activity
Allow auto launch
Force stop

I can't understand why there are this many number of entries for battery use and app background.

Upto now I have not found such entries in any device.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Some apps tend to be naughty and completely drain the battery in backend.

You install all your apps on the phone right? and not SD? (not sure if this option even exists in 2023)

Also why do you need multiple file managers to do the same thing?

Allow foreground activity
Allow background activity
Allow auto launch
Just allow these 3 for the apps you mentioned and try

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Can I return back my phone to one plus so that I can get back my money through which I can buy a new phone.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
What is the meaning of the following options

1) Allow foreground activity

2) Allow background activity

3) Allow auto launch

4) pause app activity if unused

5) Auto optimise

6) Don't optimise

7) Always ask

All of the above are present for each and every app.

Along with the above there are even more options or entries

1) Don't keep activities

2) High performance mode

3) Power saving mode

4) Optimise battery usage

The above are some only which I have noticed and even there are more hidden.

Upto now I have used a number of Android devices since 12 years and for all I found a single entry called "Allow Background Activity" and nothing else.

Among the options listed above if I turn on one option and turn off other option is there any disaster going to happen.

Kindly try to suggest which option to turn on and which option to turn off so that everything works fine ignoring battery drain.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have spent 26000 for this phone because I thought it has extraordinary features but I got a phone which is worth 16000.

What else do you expect from a BBK company phone in 2023?
Their UI is not as shit as you think, bit worse than One UI but still good for majority of people. Oneplus has better phones than Samsung or Pixel in Nord CE3 & 11R for those segments for majority of users. Aggressive RAM management can't be solved easily though.

IMO SD card is the issue & he has not yet ruled that out as I suggested earlier. Micro SD card doesn't have to be dead to cause issues.

lutenic

Broken In
Well the Nord CE series has been a letdown compared to their other phones. I bought Nord CE 2 last year and it was hanging since the day we received it. Since it is used by my dad who use only calling and WhatsApp it does not impact his work much.

Also, 512 GB memory card will obviously have certain lag in accessing all data stored in it. The more you fill up in a memory card, higher would be the latency.

Well the Nord CE series has been a letdown compared to their other phones. I bought Nord CE 2 last year and it was hanging since the day we received it. Since it is used by my dad who use only calling and WhatsApp it does not impact his work much.

Also, 512 GB memory card will obviously have certain lag in accessing all data stored in it. The more you fill up in a memory card, higher would be the latency.
Earlier Nord series phones were not great for sure, partly because shift to Color OS was chaotic 2 years back. Nord CE 3 has good reviews with a good SoC.

Not sure of your 2nd statement but have seen partially corrupted pen drives making my Windows system lag but disconnecting it makes everything alright. Hence my initial assessment of using w/o SD card.

Top Bottom