Old games-will they work?

andy_65_in

Padawan
i have few cd games of janes combat simulations...like WWII fighters,F15 etc...all in cd rom...will they work in windows 10 ...or hoiw to make them work.I have a laptop..with of course no electronic game controllers.read somewhere--NO CD PATCH compatible type will be required??

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i have few cd games of janes combat simulations...like WWII fighters,F15 etc...all in cd rom...will they work in windows 10 ...or hoiw to make them work.I have a laptop..with of course no electronic game controllers.read somewhere--NO CD PATCH compatible type will be required??
Yes they will run on Windows 10. but you will need special softwares to run it properly.

I saw Jane's F-15 on my friends PC in 1998 with Pentium-III PC and Windows-98

*www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/using-dxwnd/

*simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4395480/janes-f-15

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
costly here...where else to get a cheaper one..any website or delhi market place
*www.amazon.in/Redgear-Pro-Gamepad-Support-Supports/dp/B01FJHV47Q/

*www.amazon.in/Redgear-Smartline-Wired-Gamepad/dp/B01FJHV48A/

But as usual, beware of quality control. Would've advised Xbox Controller but those are overpriced in India.

toshar

New to this forum
*Need Driver Support
Yesterday I bought this pair of E-BLUE DINOPAD Game Controllers from Nehru place for Rs 300 as clearance sale in a peripheral shop. I found these of better appeal and quality then regular quantum game pads for the price.
Both of the game pads are working good with games and fully identical in Windows 10 with all buttons and sticks, its just the vibration feedback is missing and nowhere to found in any kind of settings.
Drivers came in floppy disk inside retail packaging [definitely very old game pads] and I don't have floppy drive. I asked Internet cafes and few friends for it but none of them have ever used a floppy or its drive. Retail leaflet is completely in Chinese and English URLs written their shows random results. I followed the brand on Facebook but they denied its not their product, giving no support.
Driver links on websites and blogs are not working, though I have requested old users for the drivers and waiting for their response .
What can I do to make these game pads fully working? It has Two motors with different weights inside for vibrations.
I am also using x360ce_x64 controller settings that I guess make generic game pads Microsoft compatible game pads.
IMG_0258.JPG

toshar

New to this forum
@omega44-xt @whitestar_999 I used x360ce software to configured my controller but it didn't helped me with the vibration. Sliding the feedback button bars didn't caused any vibrations in my controller. I tried many, many drivers and watched many youtube videos to find the driver but nothing worked. Google is fully infected of IO Bit Driver Escape some idiot utility. 95% of the links directed me to this utility which when I downloaded and searched, asked me to pay for downloading. Bullshit.
4 days later after thoroughly searching I found the driver on someone's google drive using Hardware IDs as @whitestar_999 suggested. I think there are many different controllers out their in the world of different manufacturers using different hardware id installing different drivers and are not universal upto some point. By the time I downloaded the driver I finished contra and battletank :) which doesn't have any vibration feedback at all. Most FPS games were not good with controllers for me, I keep on dying before I aim enemy using joystick. I will instead go with haptic feedback mouse and keyboard. Gghhhrrr Gghhrrr... thanks :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a gamer but is this contra the same one that used to come in game cartridges(8bit/16bit) with Rambo like guy shooting through stages.

@omega44-xt @whitestar_999 I used x360ce software to configured my controller but it didn't helped me with the vibration. Sliding the feedback button bars didn't caused any vibrations in my controller. I tried many, many drivers and watched many youtube videos to find the driver but nothing worked. Google is fully infected of IO Bit Driver Escape some idiot utility. 95% of the links directed me to this utility which when I downloaded and searched, asked me to pay for downloading. Bullshit.
4 days later after thoroughly searching I found the driver on someone's google drive using Hardware IDs as @whitestar_999 suggested. I think there are many different controllers out their in the world of different manufacturers using different hardware id installing different drivers and are not universal upto some point. By the time I downloaded the driver I finished contra and battletank :) which doesn't have any vibration feedback at all. Most FPS games were not good with controllers for me, I keep on dying before I aim enemy using joystick. I will instead go with haptic feedback mouse and keyboard. Gghhhrrr Gghhrrr... thanks :)
Such cheap controllers takes a lot of work & used to fail within 1-1.5 years for me (I don't use it a lot). Such controllers were failing in 6 months as well for some who used it roughly, like playing a lot of FIFA or Mortal Kombat.

I ended up buying Logitech F310 in 2015 for 1.2k & it is working even now. Also no more config problems. So if you play a lot using a controller, maybe consider buying a better one.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. The 8bit Contra has many parts
Checked the wiki & I have played the classic Contra(finished), Super Contra(finished), Contra 3 Alien Wars, Contra hard corps(the best game BGM in my opinion, you should check it. finished all 4 endings) & Contra Force.

Last edited:

toshar

New to this forum
Such controllers were failing in 6 months as well for some who used it roughly, like playing a lot of FIFA or Mortal Kombat.
Something I never thought of. Yes, we play mortal kombat and pushes the buttons and joysticks sideways harder thinking it will attack harder. Will pop out someday for sure, LOL. A better overall quality product like the one you mentioned should be first preference when it comes to Human-Fighter Interference.I literally didn't knew something like F310 exists. I will now advice anyone looking for controllers to buy branded sticks for their longevity.

Top Bottom