Official Windows 11 Thread

quicky008

Technomancer
Even something as good as a i7 4790k is incompatible,such is the nature of this peculiar OS from microsoft.

This is akin to forced obsolescence-i dont know what they hope to achieve out of this.Maybe its a ploy to force users to upgrade their hardware,thereby benefitting hardware companies in the long run.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sadly my cpu is not compatible
Which CPU do you have? Perhaps it's just because you don't have TSM enabled in your BIOS?

Even something as good as a i7 4790k is incompatible,such is the nature of this peculiar OS from microsoft.

This is akin to forced obsolescence-i dont know what they hope to achieve out of this.Maybe its a ploy to force users to upgrade their hardware,thereby benefitting hardware companies in the long run.
It's surely a business decision, I don't see what's so special about this that makes it not run on somewhat older hardware. It's not like there has been a change in the specifications or instruction set of CPUs in a long time. Even forcing the TSM requirement makes no sense.

quicky008

Technomancer
Sadly,no one seems to be voicing there resentment/dislike for this OS,atleast not to the extent that's required to make M$ sit up and take notice.Unless everyone is up in arms against the obnoxious system requirements of this OS,M$ will most likely not change or relax it.

This is absolutely meaningless-why would they want to make scores of perfectly working machines obsolete overnight simply due to the lack of TPM support?! That would be a terrible waste!

They probably think that they have such a strong monopoly over the desktop OS market that they can do whatever they want and everybody will gladly accept it! Just imagine the plight of those that still have an i7 7700k,or for that matter a ryzen 1700-these are some really capable chips and are by no means underpowered enough to be relegated to the list of obsolete cpus just yet.

The irony here is that some cr@ppy laptop cpus are fully supported by this os,even though they are too weak to run it in a smooth and lag free manner,simply because they are of a newer generation,whereas scores of perfectly good cpus are unsupported as they are older and therefore by definition obsolete (According to microsoft,that is).

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
they don't think buddy, they know they have a strong monopoly over the desktop OS market. just ask so-called tech-savvy people (who are jumping in joy when they are able to root their mobile phone and then consider themselves as gods who can launch missiles using their phone) if they will use a Linux machine and they will run like a scared puppy. forget about mere mortals.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sadly,no one seems to be voicing there resentment/dislike for this OS,atleast not to the extent that's required to make M$ sit up and take notice.Unless everyone is up in arms against the obnoxious system requirements of this OS,M$ will most likely not change or relax it.
This is the perfect example of something called Hypernormalisation: Basically everyone knows that something is bad but at the same time nobody can imagine using an alternative, either due to reluctance or outright fear of anything new.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Just to make some more monies.
Like a cut for every purchase we do goes to Microsoft.
I don't see any reason for making to enforce these kinds of requirements.
Though there is a work around to install Win11 using Win10 files.

And I think Microsoft is gonna include even more older processors as well
That's why it did not put the Win11 tool in its website.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
they don't think buddy, they know they have a strong monopoly over the desktop OS market. just ask so-called tech-savvy people (who are jumping in joy when they are able to root their mobile phone and then consider themselves as gods who can launch missiles using their phone) if they will use a Linux machine and they will run like a scared puppy. forget about mere mortals.

This is actually true. I was looking for custom mods for my phone, There was very less discussion on xda as they have switched to tg group. In the group were a bunch of skids, they didnt knew what they were doing. You know what its like in a group with 20+ admins and a cloned bot. They were discussing stupid things like how to pop up the physical refresh rate of phone display thinking like it was some software thing.

the rom developer had not provided any explanation on what is vendor, kernal etc. and neither did they knew it. These people were becoming tech-savy but could not even solve a basic error with adb.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
This is the perfect example of something called Hypernormalisation: Basically everyone knows that something is bad but at the same time nobody can imagine using an alternative, either due to reluctance or outright fear of anything new.

i used to be like this 4 years ago. Windows was shit, but i had zero experience with linux. It was after sometime craze for linux developed. First from vms, then to dualbooting and now permanently using linux for most tasks, it takes long time to learn things.

To make someone switch to linux, we need to either provide a nice gui and ease of use (like elementary and zorin ) or provide the the software support like windows. While the latter is implemented, wine still does not support all mainstream apps with no linux alternatives.

quicky008

Technomancer
^^that method will probably not work with the final release of win 11.And even if it does work,it may break some functionality built into win 11 and cause stability issues.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
This is actually true. I was looking for custom mods for my phone, There was very less discussion on xda as they have switched to tg group. In the group were a bunch of skids, they didnt knew what they were doing. You know what its like in a group with 20+ admins and a cloned bot. They were discussing stupid things like how to pop up the physical refresh rate of phone display thinking like it was some software thing.

the rom developer had not provided any explanation on what is vendor, kernal etc. and neither did they knew it. These people were becoming tech-savy but could not even solve a basic error with adb.

recently a youtuber put up a poll about rooting. many people were professing their high knowledge about the same. i said i don't as i am not going to launch missiles. he didn't understand the pun and asked "do you even know what is rooting? it is a good thing"
i usually never do this but i thought its better to respond so i replied " sir, i have learnt using command line and unix was my favorite OS. there was no GUI and mouse then. so we used to code in assembly to provide mouse support in an accounting software in clipper and C."
he didn't replied back.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
if they will use a Linux machine and they will run like a scared puppy. forget about mere mortals.
Well, the thing is, if you are willing; I don't think using linux is that tech-saavy of a thing anymore. I would proudly recommend Pop-OS to an elderly person. (I once did, they had no problem learning it.). IMO if linux is preinstalled on every laptop and machine, I don't think anyone would bother switching up their OS other than some select few.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Well, the thing is, if you are willing; I don't think using linux is that tech-saavy of a thing anymore. I would proudly recommend Pop-OS to an elderly person. (I once did, they had no problem learning it.). IMO if linux is preinstalled on every laptop and machine, I don't think anyone would bother switching up their OS other than some select few.

so sorry friend but you completely missed the point i was trying to make and the whole reasoning and chose just one part. i said linux because it is famous nowadays otherwise i would have talked about Command Line Unix. don't remember whether i mentioned it here or not but there was one person who was jumping in joy. when asked he told me he has created an OS like DOS. i asked where? he said in dBase. when he informed others, over 90% looked at him in awe. the best part of this scenario was that dBase itself was running on DOS.
unfortunately i come from an ear of TRex so have seen too much. reminds me of another incident when in a workshop in 2003 it was asked about how many programming languages we know. i named about 50+ languages and they were all shocked as almost everyone only knew about C / C++ / Java / VB / VC++.
today newbies become an admin, block someone on any forum and jump in joy as they should get Nobel prize for it. some root a phone using gui and think the same. you ask and they are unable to differentiate between a programming language and a scripting language, a compiler and interpreter, stages of compilation but all these idiots identify themselves as tech guru.
as per sellers / shopkeepers, customers ask for a linux / dos machine as it is priced cheaper than a genuine windows one. they also promote these as most of the customers are happy for a lesser priced one. it is then removed, a pirated windows installed with many more pirated software. at many places, shopkeepers keep a lot of adult material as that is also asked to be copied to it.
thanks.

Dell used to give ubuntu and that was the first thing people removed and installed windows instead.

the shopkeeper /seller used to do it when buyers asked

Last edited:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
^^And they used to charge Rs 50~100 for installing Windows
some 4 years back, went to a shop for repair. one very fashionable / padhi-likhi type girl around 24-25 came whose laptop had some issues. they repaired and charged around 400-500 for windows installation only. she kept bargaining and said windows to free aata hai bas cd se daal dete hain.

D

Deleted member 345628

Back then when I was a kid , I didn't had UPS backup so when I ran into power cuts my OS used to get corrupted and I was charged 300 for installing windows xp , drivers and extra 50 rupees would give me GTA Vice City , Max Payne , IGI , ... Later I got my own CD xD.

And then I purchased a laptop windows 7 , upgraded to 10 (Linked Digital License) so whenever I ran into OS issues I would login to my microsoft account to activate windows .

The laptop I own now has some technology , where windows is activated at hardware level the moment I install it.

When I wasn't aware of the concept of buying OS I relied on pirated thing , later when I happen to be aware I didn't had any need to buy OS .

I'm looking forward to geekify with linux on the next desktop PC I would buy .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
some 4 years back, went to a shop for repair. one very fashionable / padhi-likhi type girl around 24-25 came whose laptop had some issues. they repaired and charged around 400-500 for windows installation only. she kept bargaining and said windows to free aata hai bas cd se daal dete hain.
Yes, bcoz earlier the Customer was not smart to know that the installed Windows is pirated. Once Customer became aware they had to reduce the installation price.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Yes, bcoz earlier the Customer was not smart to know that the installed Windows is pirated. Once Customer became aware they had to reduce the installation price.

the cd used to sell for 50 and dvd for 100 only. it was the service part / installing it for which they charged a lot in recent years. making a usb drive bootable for windows 10 installation was charged at 300-500.

Top Bottom