Official Windows 11 Thread

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Yes, I think so too. TPM was disabled in my BIOS, I had to enabled it. The message went away after that. It's downloading now.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
OK. Mine was also turned off, but I saw no reason to not turn it on and there were no problems with that. My linux dual boot continued working fine after I turned it on.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Surprised we already have a Windows 11 thread. Personally will hold a month maybe after it's launched for the bugs/etc to be fixed.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I hear Windows 11 is now available for download officially. Has anyone tried the official build yet?
I have opted into insider, thus, got the windows 11 update. Everything is just as windows 10, but with better animations and look. They also changed the settings app to a minimal look. Every change was welcome. Though, not based on facts, but my personal experience, I feel its a even more heavy on my system (not at all unexpected tbh :lol:).

IMO, its just windows 10, but with a little polish on top. Like windows 10 should have been.

Æsoteric Positron

They should have released it like an update to windows instead of making a new one
Well, that would make sense, wouldn't it? When have Microsoft's decisions ever made sense before? ;)

On a more serious note, I personally think, it was just for marketing. Giving out a fairly large overhaul, just as a update probably didn't made sense to microsoft, so, they decided to make the best of sun valley update and just rename that to windows 11.

Æsoteric Positron

16.53.56 ApplicationFrameHost_001171.png

I think microsoft is aware of the slowness of windows 11, this feedback poped up today, and yes, infact, I was experiencing more stuttering in recent gameplays.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I managed to install it last evening. But it was running very slow on my 7th gen NUC. And it was also definitely not stable. In about an hours usage, the explorer crashed twice.
There's quite a bit of adjustment to be made. The worst ones being that there's no show desktop or task manager on the taskbar context menu anymore. The Windows explorer is a more barebones now. Just when I was getting used to using the ribbon properly, they took it out.
And my most favourite customization app, 7 Taskbar Tweaker, was not working. It just makes life difficult for me because Windows refuses to provide basic functionality like changing the volume on scrolling on the volume icon, etc.

Eventually I rolled it back at the end of the hour. Will probably continue to use Windows 10 well into 2022, assuming they leave the choice up to me.

Æsoteric Positron

The worst ones being that there's no show desktop or task manager on the taskbar context menu anymore. T

It now shows up when you right click the windows icon.
17.23.31 explorer_001193.png

In about an hours usage, the explorer crashed twice.
Woah, it crashed upon me just once though, after so many days. Its particularly good when you consider its a dev build.

But it was running very slow on my 7th gen NUC.
Yeah, its definitely more heavy :(

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It now shows up when you right click the windows icon
Well, that's a relief at least

Woah, it crashed upon me just once though, after so many days. Its particularly good when you consider its a dev build.
It might have been because the system is generally not very powerful (Dual core i5) or because the Windows partition had gotten almost 85% filled after the upgrade.

Top Bottom