Official Windows 11 Thread

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Did you like windows 11 at all? I feel there isnt much difference than windows 10 but will have to see that.I see minor improvement as shown in the windows 11 livestream

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I haven't tried the leaked iso yet. But then I am not too excited about it either.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Did anyone notice that the context menu of the taskbar no longer has the option to show the desktop or the task manager? Other options are also missing.
This is going to be major annoyance for me because I always opened Task manager from there.

For the tablet version, they have basically incorporated SwiftKey, which they had acquired some three years ago. I would say that's a smart move, not trying to reinvent what already exists.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I was excited when MS said it is coming with something good.

First look of windows 11 and for sh*ts sake, I am happy with windows 10

andy_65_in

Padawan
will we be able to convert to it free-.my pc is otheriwse fit to go:razz::razz:

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 188

quicky008

Technomancer
how about the obnoxious TPM 2.0 requirement? Its been also been said that officially only intel 8th gen and higher cpus and ryzen 2nd gen or better cpus are supported,which means even if you have an older cpu but a mobo with built in TPM support,you are still going to get a hardware incompatibility error (as your CPU isn't officially supported by M$) and thus can't run the OS.

Win 11 seems really restrictive in terms of the type of hardware that it allows the OS to run on-it has started giving off Apple like vibes lately,if their recent product related policies are anything to go by .

how about the obnoxious TPM 2.0 requirement? Its been also been said that officially only intel 8th gen and higher cpus and ryzen 2nd gen or better cpus are supported,which means even if you have an older cpu but a mobo with built in TPM support,you are still going to get a hardware incompatibility error (as your CPU isn't officially supported by M$) and thus can't run the OS.

Win 11 seems really restrictive in terms of the type of hardware that it allows the OS to run on-it has started giving off Apple like vibes lately,if their recent product related policies are anything to go by .
MS will defend its actions by saying security of users, but let's see what happens closer to roll out.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I love Mac OS's columnar layout. I know that's not coming, but a split pane view and the ability to reposition details/preview pane at the bottom would be really great.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Wait till official rollout and other members to install/experiment first. From your experience, something is bound to go wrong and you'll again post a vague thread asking for solutions.
well i am definitely going to wait for a lot of people to install, face issues and troubleshoot.

Top Bottom