Office PC with occasional CAD usage for <15K

k_v

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Basic office usage, mails, documents. But the occasional AutoCAD drawing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 12-15K. Can't go beyond 15000.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows XP

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Do not require a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next 1 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will procure components online.

Intel G2020 (3500)
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 (3100)
EVM 1333 MHz 4 GB RAM (2300)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Antec BP300 (2100)
Local cabinet without PSU (800)

total: 15,100

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
ditch that windows xp. use at-least windows 7 or higher.

THe people who would be using the PC are not the most tech-savvy guys around. They're still used to having XP, so I don't really want them to end up wasting time trying to learn a 'newer' OS. I just want my work to be done :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
THe people who would be using the PC are not the most tech-savvy guys around. They're still used to having XP, so I don't really want them to end up wasting time trying to learn a 'newer' OS. I just want my work to be done :D

windows 7 is simple and does not need tech savvy people to operate ;)

Windows 7 is much, much easier to use as compared to Windows XP. For example, if you want to[p open a program which isn;t listed in start menu and it's location is unknown to you, you'll need to open search box in XP to find it. In 7, all you have to do is open start menu and start typing the program's name. Same goes for any option that needs to be accessed.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Wow guys! The PC I'm looking for here is gonna be used by the people in my factory to basically keep inventory records and to work with the occasional AutoCAD drawing.

I know the advantages of Win7 :/

Top Bottom