Office + Gaming Desktop for 100k

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If you are buying PC parts online, then you need to record unboxing videos in case product got damage during transit. You may not get replacement or refund without this unedited unboxing video.
ITGadgetsonline no idea about it. Stick to usual ones recommended here and avoid unnecessary hassles.
Asus K3 is good mechanical keyboard if you can find it 3.5k then grab it, now it seems like out of stock or above quoted price. K55 is membrane keyboard, so ignore it.
If going for membrane keyboard then try to get wireless keyboard mouse combo.

Thanks for the replies @omega44-xt and @whitestar_999. I will be going forward with the build suggested by @omega44-xt

I have never purchased computer parts online, I hope that whatever sources (PrimeABGB, The ITDepot, Vedant Computers, Elitehubs) you have mentioned are reliable.

What's your review on ITGadgetsonline? CPU is around 19k (5k lesser than Primeabg)

I found this monitor on Amazon, is this the one you are recommending? I have placed the order, and will cancel if it's not the right one,

www.amazon.in/Acer-Splendor-Monitor-Technology-Eyesafe/dp/B0B5PQYLSQ?th=1

Acer Nitro XV272U KV 27-inch(68.58cm) LED
2560 x 1440 Pixels WQHD IPS
Agile Splendor Gaming LCD Monitor with LED Back Light Technology I
1 MS 170 Hz I 400 Nits I AMD Free Sync I TUV/Eyesafe I Black
WQHD 170Hz

Total Cost is around ~120k

Please suggest a,
keyboard-mouse combo for 5k (prefer Full-size keyboards with mechanical and macro keys)
Webcam for 2k

How do you rate the below keyboards?
Asus TUF K3 - 3.5k in Flipkart (currently OOS)
Corsair K55 RGB - 3.8k in Gamesncomps
gamesncomps.com/product/corsair-k55-rgb-gaming-keyboard/
Placed order for the right monitor. 22k is a great price.

No idea about ITGadgetsonline, avoid it. Stick to primeabgb, vedant, mdcomputers, they are the big 3, followed by IT depot. I have used the small sellers like elitehubs & clarion, so are trusted. Record uncut unboxing videos for everything.

I use TUF K3, good KB. Red switch is not everyone's taste, misclicks happen.

Mouse - if you don't use middle mouse button a lot, like to open links in new tabs, then get Razer Viper Mini for 1.6k from elitehubs or 1.8k from amazon.

Keyboard - K55 is membrane. You can't get good mech KBs with media keys or macro keys at 3-4k. Some options:

If you are fine with rainbow backlight:
amazon.in/Cosmic-Byte-CB-GK-28-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B09MR2D475/

Brown mech KB with per key RGB:
amazon.in/Redragon-K582-Mechanical-Keyboard-Low-Noise/dp/B08G4P83F3

Over budget, but considered a great choice:
genesispc.in/product/royal-kludge-rk100/

1st & 3rd have hot swappable switches, so you can change the mechanical switch w/o a soldering tool. I will prefer brown switch as a good balance for typing & gaming. Red is great for gaming, not so much for typing. Blue is good for both but loud like typewriter, so an easy no for me personally.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions, I will be going with Redragon-K582-Mechanical-Keyboard

I order all the parts except Mobo.

MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Motherboard is OOS in both MDComputers and ITDepot, looking for alternatives

mobo VRM B660 i7 12700.png

Use this as reference. Avoid the mobos running at 100C with i7 12700 at full as that i7 & i5 13500 are close in terms of power draw. Maybe Mortar WiFi is 15k. Can consider their B760 versions as well if price is not too high. Do look for DDR4 mobo.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 is available for 16k in PCStudio

Ok @omega44-xt, I will go with Mortar and came up with the below 2 options.

In the below 2 mobos, is there any significant difference other than the WIFI 6E Adapter & Gen 5 PCIe in the WIFI model?
WIFI Adapter is optional, I am fine with the cable, do you think the Gen 5 PCIe would be useful in the future?

Maybe Mortar WiFi is 15k.
Where did you see it for 15k, I am not able to find it.

MSI MAG B660M MORTAR MAX WIFI DDR4 - 18.3k in PCStudio
MSI MAG B660M Mortar DDR4 - 16.6 in Elitehubs

BTW do you suggest any RGB strips for the Cabinet?

Last edited:
MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 is available for 16k in PCStudio

Ok @omega44-xt, I will go with Mortar and came up with the below 2 options.

In the below 2 mobos, is there any significant difference other than the WIFI 6E Adapter & Gen 5 PCIe in the WIFI model?
WIFI Adapter is optional, I am fine with the cable, do you think the Gen 5 PCIe would be useful in the future?

Where did you see it for 15k, I am not able to find it.

MSI MAG B660M MORTAR MAX WIFI DDR4 - 18.3k in PCStudio
MSI MAG B660M Mortar DDR4 - 16.6 in Elitehubs

BTW do you suggest any RGB strips for the Cabinet?
PCStudio is reliable. They are a big shop in Bengaluru called Ankit Infotech, I have been to their shop. They gave me the 2nd lowest quote, hence didn't buy from them.

B660/B760 supports PCIe 4.0 in primary slot, as well as both M.2 slots. Also, WiFi is WiFi 6, not 6E. If you are confident you don't need BT or WiFi, get non WiFi mobo model. I have been using my desktop over WiFi for the past 1 year. Price difference between wifi & non wifi mobo is much lower than getting a good PCIe WiFi card later (usually ~4k for WiFi 6).

Call them for this non-wifi version
theitdepot.com/details-MSI+PRO+B660M-A+DDR4+Intel+Motherboard_C13P36408.html

B760 WiFi version, B760 has WiFi 6E vs WiFi 6 of B660 version:
vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/motherboard/msi-pro-b760m-a-wifi-ddr4-motherboard?limit=100

No idea about RGB strips. Got a cheap one from amazon & but it behind monitor for some bias lighting.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Ordered the MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 from PCStudio.

Should I be updating the Bios to use i5 13500k cpu on this mobo??

If yes, i have never updated bios before. I saw a couple of videos on YouTube and they suggested to download from msi drivers and use usb flash.

My question is, can i use usb flash without installing the cpu??

If yes, i have never updated bios before. I saw a couple of videos on YouTube and they suggested to download from msi drivers and use usb flash.

Newer mobo models have new BIOS pre-installed many times, so might work out of the box. Anyways, most mobo these days support BIOS update using USB, just read mobo manual & check some videos on youtube. Just double check on this.

My cheap B660M DS3H has it, so MSI one should as well, just different process to do it.

msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-B660M-A-WIFI-DDR4/support#bios
MSI has linked a video here that might help you.

Honestly even I haven't used this feature yet, but was a feature I wanted in mobo when I was buying one.

Seems like MSI didn't include BIOS flash in their B660 mobos, lazy if you ask me considering my cheaper Gigabyte B660 mobo has it. Contact the seller & ask if it comes with new BIOS pre-installed, else cancel the order & get B760 I posted earlier.

forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/b660m-a-with-13th-gen-cpu.379775/
reddit.com/r/intel/comments/y5n9eu/b660_13th_gen/

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Hi @omega44-xt , i checked with PCStudio, they gave me 2 options,

1. They will update the B660 bios manually to support 13th Gen and ship it.

2. They have the B760 model and i can basically switch by paying the difference amount (~1k)

Cancellation charges are 2.5%.

Shall I go with the B760 model as the difference is just 1k.

-edit-
On a lighter note, I had a great start, received a damaged Monitor and Keyboard from Amazon :-|
After lengthy calls with Amazon, both will be replaced.

The monitor had more dents than what you see in the below image.
12.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @omega44-xt , i checked with PCStudio, they gave me 2 options,

1. They will update the B660 bios manually to support 13th Gen and ship it.

2. They have the B760 model and i can basically switch by paying the difference amount (~1k)

Cancellation charges are 2.5%.

Shall I go with the B760 model as the difference is just 1k.

-edit-
On a lighter note, I had a great start, received a damaged Monitor and Keyboard from Amazon :-|
After lengthy calls with Amazon, both will be replaced.

The monitor had more dents than what you see in the below image.
View attachment 22316
Just go with B760 to avoid hassle with them opening the mobo & updating it, then shipping.

I hope you are making uncut unboxing videos for everything you receive. Usually amazon support is good, FK is much worse in comparison.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Just go with B760 to avoid hassle with them opening the mobo & updating it, then shipping.

I hope you are making uncut unboxing videos for everything you receive. Usually amazon support is good, FK is much worse in comparison.
yeah, I am making uncut unboxing videos.

Called PCStudio and replaced B660 with B760.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will bump this thread for any help.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
@omega44-xt , While I am awaiting the parts, do you suggest any decent UPS for this setup,

I have some idea about computer parts but when it comes to UPS, I know nothing.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
I use APC BX1100, costs 6k.

People recommend good 1500VA pure sine wave inverter, if you can afford it.
I'm out of budget, will park the UPS for now.

I only have one regular socket and was looking for a spike, do you think the below one would be sufficient to handle the 750 watt psu and the Acer Nitro 60 watt monitor efficiently?

Belkin Surge Protector Universal Socket Heavy Duty Cable Overload Protection Extension Cord

www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B0083T23AA

Do you suggest anything else??

One of my laptop got fired when connected directly to the socket, don't want to take any chances with this setup.

I'm out of budget, will park the UPS for now.

I only have one regular socket and was looking for a spike, do you think the below one would be sufficient to handle the 750 watt psu and the Acer Nitro 60 watt monitor efficiently?

Belkin Surge Protector Universal Socket Heavy Duty Cable Overload Protection Extension Cord

www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B0083T23AA

Do you suggest anything else??

One of my laptop got fired when connected directly to the socket, don't want to take any chances with this setup.
Belkin is top quality but I'll recommend UPS for anyone in India, if you can't afford inverter.

Top Bottom