Office 2013 Activation Error online and offline

Rnayar18

Right off the assembly line
Facing Activation Error on Microsoft Office 2013
i am trying to activate office on my clean formatted system( Previously i am using office on same system without any problem)

i am trying to activate it on line and offline(Via Telephone) But Facing Following Error

8y7ltgxovn2b.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^op is trying to use the key on same system after format which means hardware is same & he should not get this error.i think this is one of those $10 office 2013 hup version which has some kind of activation limit even on same system or op bought this HUP version key which is already being used by seller/another person.office 2013 pro retail version costs ~24k & will not have such issues.

gameranand

Living to Play
Read the comment of arijitsinha and whitestar_999 first, also the attachment.

I am asking him because in many pirated version a key is provided to activate, if that is the case then this question should not be here. If he actually bought it then he should consult MS. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I am asking him because in many pirated version a key is provided to activate, if that is the case then this question should not be here. If he actually bought it then he should consult MS. :)

Got it..!! But even if it's genuine, then also contacting MS wouldn't be of any help, as the max times have been reached.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
people sell their office pro HUP & windows 7/8 pro dreamspark keys for as low as 2-3k(just search online forums & olx) & they are genuine but that doesn't make them "real retail keys".people who actually buy retail versions of MS softwares rarely face such issues as long as they use these keys in a manner expected from a typical user.@op mentioned that he was using the key successfully before so that means his key is genuine but that doesn't necessarily mean he bought a retail box version from a shop/online store.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
@whtestar, what is HUP? Also the keys from dreamspark, are the Volume Key? or different from each user. I traded one Windows 8 key and activated successfully(Activation date showed that I activated it first.). Will be there any chance that I will get this type of warning(Maximum user reached)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MS office HUP is basically a program for employees of a company which uses volume license of MS office.by subscribing to HUP such company can provide office pro to their employees to work at their homes/pc outside the company offices at almost negligible cost(typically ~$10).to get keys under this program one needs an official email address of a company which participates in HUP & a program code.sometimes this info is leaded on internet & then anybody can buy MS office pro for $10 under HUP program.these keys usually have a restriction regarding no. of activation not to mention if you are not employee of that company or change job to another company you are supposed to uninstall it.

dreamspark keys have a good no. of activation limit enough for a typical user but recommended procedure is not to use online activation more than once on same hardware & instead use software like Advanced Tokens Manager(upto win 8,not fully compatible with 8.1) or manually save & restore license.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
You can try the same activation via phone, speak to the CC and inform him that you are activating after performing a clean install.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Those were the good'ol days of Technet accounts. 10 keys for each product :lol:
OP just needs to contact and do phone activation.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@whtestar, what is HUP? Also the keys from dreamspark, are the Volume Key? or different from each user. I traded one Windows 8 key and activated successfully(Activation date showed that I activated it first.). Will be there any chance that I will get this type of warning(Maximum user reached)?

MS office HUP is basically a program for employees of a company which uses volume license of MS office.by subscribing to HUP such company can provide office pro to their employees to work at their homes/pc outside the company offices at almost negligible cost(typically ~$10).to get keys under this program one needs an official email address of a company which participates in HUP & a program code.sometimes this info is leaded on internet & then anybody can buy MS office pro for $10 under HUP program.these keys usually have a restriction regarding no. of activation not to mention if you are not employee of that company or change job to another company you are supposed to uninstall it.

dreamspark keys have a good no. of activation limit enough for a typical user but recommended procedure is not to use online activation more than once on same hardware & instead use software like Advanced Tokens Manager(upto win 8,not fully compatible with 8.1) or manually save & restore license.

Right, Indian price for the same is 450/- only :D

Top Bottom