Nvidia to launch Intel-based MCP7A IGP chipset in August 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
Source

*www.digitimes.com/images/spacepx.gif
Nvidia is planning to start mass producing its latest Intel platform IGP chipset, the GeForce 9-Series mGPU – nForce 730i MCP (MCP7A), in the middle of August with motherboards likely to appear in the market by early September, according to sources at motherboard makers.

The MCP7A will come in two versions, the MCP7A-U with a GeForce 9400 graphics core and the MCP7A-S with GeForce 9300 graphics. The two versions have the same specifications except the GeForce 9400 features a core frequency of 580MHz and shader frequency of 1500MHz, while the GeForce 9300 will be clocked at 450MHz and 1200MHz.

The MCP7A support a FSB up to 1333MHz, dual-channel DDR2 or DDR3 memory, and PCI Express 2.0. The GPU is based on Nvidia's G86 graphics core, which supports DirectX 10 and Shader Model 4.0, includes 16 built-in stream processors, and supports HDMI, dual-link DVI, DisplayPort and D-sub connections.
The MCP7A will also support Hybrid SLI, PureVideo and Cuda technologies.

I remember reading about this. Sadly, this will arrive just when Core2 architecture is just about to die out. So I doubt this would make a big enough impact. Products need to be timed properly. An example of a successful product due to proper timing is the AMD 690G chipset, which assured itself a lifespan of two years in the mainstream.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Core 2 architecture is nowhere near dying. Its alive and will be kicking atleast or 2-3 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom