NVIDIA to Acquire ARM

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Source - NVIDIA to Acquire Arm for $40 Billion, Creating World’s Premier Computing Company for the Age of AI

NVIDIA plans to bring AI to smaller devices using this acquisition.

This is big news. Any speculation on how will it change the industry? Will it change anything for the consumers?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Well, if it gets enough attention of the government , and government buys into "the issue of national economic sovereignty" issue, well, a government can stop anything can't they?

Well, My Social Sciences are not strong, But from what I know, This matter is not causing any harm to Nature, A person, A group, A race or religion. Also, Both are private firms, and government Has no role in what they buy/ sell, till it is harmful for the country.

Added, UK and US governments are different...

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I wonder if the deal goes through, nvidia would pressure Apple into using tegra and/or consumer GPUs in Apple computers. :lol:
Well, My Social Sciences are not strong, But from what I know, This matter is not causing any harm to Nature, A person, A group, A race or religion. Also, Both are private firms, and government Has no role in what they buy/ sell, till it is harmful for the country.

Added, UK and US governments are different...
Well, AFAIK, if government wants it can do anything, though the question is that if that government sees this as big of the thread as the co-founder is making it out to be. I am not saying that government will stop the deal legally in the court , it can negotiate with ARM in matter of reducing the taxes or outright buying stakes in the company, again only IF this deal is seen as a threat to national economic sovereignty.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Most of that guy's concern is about UK losing one of it's biggest tech assets to the US. This is equivalent to a hypothetical scenario where Facebook acquires Jio from Reliance.

Top Bottom