Nvidia or ATI, which is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishh

Right off the assembly line
i want to buy a good graphics card.my budget is around 6000-7000rs.
i reviewed some sites and could not find the exact price of the geforce 7300,7600 and ati radeon x1600.will it be ok to use any one of them ? i will be using graphics intensive softwares because im a multimedia student.i don't game much.so suggest me a good card out of the below:

Geforce 7300GT or Geforce 7600GT or
ATI Radeon X1600 Pro ??!!????!?!?!

Also suggest me a good board.Is Intel D102GGC2 good? it is based on ati chipset.Intel 945 has only one PATA connector.but I have 2 harddisks(PATA)
and 2 optical drives.

magnet

Youngling
krish if u ready to pay 7k........its good u increase your budget a little more and get 7600gt.........its the perfect card for playing all games now includin oblivion.......dont get gs series...mostly they r with ddr2 memory...so they radiates lot of heat...........get the the one with gddr3........
also dude..iwould say better adjust with a low end card now.......asvista launch is near..and after that dx 10 card will come...so your present card will look obsolete in front of it...so its betterto get dx 10 card........all present card wont support dx 10....ms again monopolising stuffs on users.......

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
7600GT is not perfect for playing Oblivion. 1800GTO is a lot lot better. And perfect card for playing Oblivion starts with the 1900XT.

magnet

Youngling
akshayt dude...i wasgivin e.g that he can play oblivion not that he wants to play oblivion that too high settings and all the stuffs..........

regardin nvidia and ati...though ati little better...but always has driver issues...so better to go with nvidia

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ya. Only high end cards of ATI is better. Its always nvidia which has better value for money for low-mid-mainstream cards, nd user satisfaction is also for nvidia.

blackleopard92

In the zone
well, the new ATI x1650 pro is a hell of a card.can beat 7300GS/GT easily.can match 7600GS and or 7600GT
however, it is new and has avalibility probs.
it is expected to retail at Rs 6000

*www.gamespot.com/features/6156859/p-6.html

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
magnet said:
iwould say better adjust with a low end card now.......as vista launch is near..and after that dx 10 card will come...so your present card will look obsolete in front of it...so its betterto get dx 10 card........all present card wont support dx 10....ms again monopolising stuffs on users.......

i go with magnet..wait 4 sometime...:D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
7600GT performs like an x1800GTO, but a lil back when all effects r turned. R u sayin an x1650pro could compete with anx 1800GTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom