Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb vs 6gb

siddu101

Broken In
X:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB dedicated graphics
Technical details: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor; 15.6" display; 16GB memory; 1TB hard drive; 256GB solid state drive

vs

Y:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB dedicated graphics
Technical details: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor; 15.6" display; 12GB memory; 1TB hard drive; 128GB solid state drive

Is 6 gb graphics overkill?
What is a better future proof for gaming and developing General Deep learning algos on a "laptop"?

The price of the above 2 laptops are the same (nearly) ; Is it worth paying for gpu as a compensation for Ram and SSD?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Go with GTX1060 6GB GPU + 250GB SSD.

This is bare minimum.
When you play heavy texture games like Shadow Of Mordor, it utilises more VRAM. So more is always better.

Nvidia is suitable only for DirectX 11 games and it supports Vulkan via its software.

AMD GPUs from Polaris & Vega (upcoming) are more suitable since more games are supporting DirectX 12 and Vulkan + Async Compute on its hardware level itself.

Since you are going with Laptop not much can be expected of regarding DirectX 12 based games.

Better to go with a Desktop for gaming with iTX capability and use any normal laptop for Office purpose.

But if you insist, going with 6th gen i7 + 16GB RAM + 1TB HDD + GTX1060 6GB + 250GB SSD is the best possible config if you want more future proofing.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
My opinion is that if the screen resolution is less than 1920x1080, GTX 1060 3GB is a much better choice. It is a more balanced system with lesser bottlenecks.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill this since you are looking for a laptop:

*forum.digit.in/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

Also, mention which laptop denote X and Y in your OP.

Top Bottom