NVIDIA Geforce FX taking a dip. x800 still rules the roost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzrulz

Broken In
I couldnt include these gif images in this post. I guess you'll have to follow the link. Although the 6800 outperforms the x800 in doom3, the x800 outperforms the 6800 by a fair margin in almost all other games. Driver problems are something which plague ATi cards. I have an x800 pe and when i tried to play pop sot, there were massive rendering errors. i could play the game well on my old 9200 pro. something So which of these mighty monsters is gonna perform better for half life 2 ? ... We'll wait and see. Check out these links sor a detailed bencmark on these games.

PS: Considering the fact that Valve and ATi have an OEM deal, the benchmark figures released by them is not.. well, dependable.

Farcry (Very high) :*graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-08.html

Doom3(High quality) :*graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-07.html

Other games: *graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-04.html#3dmark_2003

Courtesy:Toms hardware guide URL:graphics.tomshardware.com

nikhilesh

Journeyman
and also i think the 6800ultra EXTREME is THE fastest card.but i dont think its availble freely.

and also ati cards r clocked higher than the nvidia ones.

but im still surprised how a 12pipeline x800 performes on par with a 16pipe GT and sweeps the floor with the vanilla 6800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom