nVidia GeForce 6100 + nVidia nForce 430: Linux display

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotuday

Right off the assembly line
I recently bought a new motherboard and processor for my PC:
Motherboard: gigabyte technology motherboard with nvidia Geforce 6100 video card
Processor: AMD Athlon 3200+

Windows XP is working fine on the PC but when I installed Fedora Core Linux on the sytem the sound and graphics are giving problems. For graphics I ended up using the generic VESA driver and the display is OK but I guess that proper drivers will help improve the performance.

Can anyone give me pointers to where I can download the proper drivers for this graphics configuration. I tried the latest nVidia display drivers but they do not work.

Thanks,
--uday.

puja399

In the zone
nForce and nVidia graphics drivers for linux is available from nvidia. Visit this page and download appropriate driver. The install guide is given inside the package. *www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

I myself have 6600GT card on Neo4 Mobo, and I installed nVidia drivers on FC3 for them without any trouble.

OP
K

kotuday

I had tried just that but as soon as I change my Xorg.conf as per the README.txt and start my X server the screen goes blank. Even the consoles are gone, I have no option but to reset the system. Nothing gets logged into the Xorg.log file either. Anyway I can understand what is going wrong?

OP
K

kotuday

not tried overclocking but I finally managed to get my display working with the nVidia Drivers. NVIDIA has just released the drivers for this card. You can find the same here
*www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom