NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7150M

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
the following two laptops have NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7150M gfx memory
HP Pavilion dv9500
HP Pavilion dv6500

is it on board or modular???and wat abt its capacity???tried nvidia site but cudnt get any info....

Pathik

Google Bot
It is a Onboard GPU.. It has max 256mb v ram..
Good for moderate gaming.. Supports Direct x 9.0c
but afaik its available only with turions..

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
romeo_8693 said:
the following two laptops have NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7150M gfx memory
HP Pavilion dv9500
HP Pavilion dv6500

is it on board or modular???and wat abt its capacity???tried nvidia site but cudnt get any info....
The "M" in the Geforce 7150M means mobile and mobile GFX are onboard.Since the 7150 is a low end model it will most probably share memory from your system ram or have only little amount of Vram which could be extended by sharing.

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
some further Questions?
1.wat is vram?
2.will it take 256 from 1gb of sys ram?
3.will i be able to play carbon?
4.and can i put other gfx cards to lap's?
5.will waranty will get void?:)

hey guys i really need those ans....:-(

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
No u cannot add addon GFX cards to laptops.
Vram is the Ram built on chip of the video card and not added externally to the mobo or video card.It comes with the video card.
U can make this card share upto 512MB of system ram or less depending upon what options are available in the bios.
U will be able to play NFS carbon on it but with all settings at low at a lowest resolution of 640*480

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
hey thnks for replying...:)
btw if i keep sharing zero wat is the inbuilt vid mem of 7150?
any suggestions for a lappy on wic i will bw able to play carbon wit atleast 1024*768?

Pathik

Google Bot
yup you ll be able to play carbon on this.. btw v ram = video ram = graphic memory
btw i think u ll have to share 32mb max ram with the gpu...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
for IGPs, the shared memory can't be made zero. there is a certain minimum limit and you are forced to share above this limit.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
32mb or 64mb, it all depends on what the manufacturer has set in bios. can't be generalised but certainly not less than that.

gabroozz

Right off the assembly line
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M or INTEL X3100/ AMD or INTEL

I'm looking at two HP laptops... Can anyone suggest me which one i should go for...??? Following are the specifications:

Pavilion DV6670ca is:
-- AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-64 (2.2GHz, 2x512 KB L2 Cache, 1600 MHz Front Side Bus)
-- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M (UMA) with up to 559MB Total Available Graphics
-- 2048MB DDR2 System Memory
-- 250GB (5400 RPM HDD)

Pavilion DX6665ca is:
-- Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz Front Side Bus, Dual-core, Intel® 64-bit), Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology, Intel®
-- 240GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive Dual HDD - 120GB + 120GB(SATA)
-- 2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
-- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Tough choice... DX model has 2 HDD whereas DV has nVidia.. DX has a better processor....

I think u shud go for Pavilion DV6670ca if u need ur machine for gaming.

gabroozz

Right off the assembly line
Thanx for the reply..

I have already bought DV6670ca... I'm concerned about the graphics card because the windows vista's rating on this laptop for "3D Gaming" is only 2.6 which is a pretty low base score.. Do you think INTEL X3100 is better option than NVIDIA 7150M ??? I can still return my laptop and buy the DX6665 laptop... I went to Future Shop yesterday and even the cheapest dual core laptop had a base score of around 3..

Does anyone know what is the rating given to INTEL x3100 in 3D Gaming by VISTA?? Can anyone check it on their PC if they have INTEL X3100????
THANX

DV6670 only has 64MB dedicated graphics memory... maybe that is the reason of getting low rating on 3D Gaming...
I don't know how much is dedicated video memory in DX6665
If anyone knows please let me know...
Appreciate...

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Talking purely about gaming, both the configs are not gud enuf to run graphics intensive games.

So u should be looking for a minor diff. in performance.

Core2Duo is bettr den AMD but little more expensive. So if that "extra fps" doesnt matter much to you, go for the cheaper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom