NUC - Assembled or Branded

Charley

Just Do It
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Browsing, watching movies, checking emails, using Office, transferring personal movies from dvds. Will be used non stop for 6 hours a day

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: Upto Rs. 50k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 240-256 GB ssd for OS and apps like Office. 2.5" 1TB GB HDD for media content.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, a 22-26" monitor is required.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Wireless mouse, wired keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In 1-2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: In Bangalore. Yes, I can buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: 11th generation is ideal. May consider 10 th generation. Windows, Full version Office, 240-256 GB ssd , 2.5" 1TB GB HDD should be included.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
For your kind of usage, 10th gen will be good enough. Latest gen prices are usually a bit inflated. If you couple it with an NVMe SSD and 8-16 GB or DDR4 RAM, you'll find the performance quite satisfactory.

For Office, I'd recommend getting an MS365 license, if it's for professional use. It's 4000 a year for single user and you'll always have the full suite of latest products plus 1 TB of Onedrive storage.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
For your kind of usage, 10th gen will be good enough. Latest gen prices are usually a bit inflated. If you couple it with an NVMe SSD and 8-16 GB or DDR4 RAM, you'll find the performance quite satisfactory.

For Office, I'd recommend getting an MS365 license, if it's for professional use. It's 4000 a year for single user and you'll always have the full suite of latest products plus 1 TB of Onedrive storage.
Thanks for the response.

Which one do you suggest in branded and assembled?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I don't really have any idea about assembled NUCs. I'm only getting my first NUC next week. It's a used Intel NUC.

Have you looked at Dell Optiplex Micro configs? Intel NUC uses laptop processors, whereas Dell Optiplex uses desktop processors. But it also seems to be a lot more expensive.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It

Have you looked at Dell Optiplex Micro configs? Intel NUC uses laptop processors, whereas Dell Optiplex uses desktop processors. But it also seems to be a lot more expensive.
Yes, it is expensive. I heard 11th gen Dell will be launched this year.

How is MSI?

Top Bottom