Now Available - New! Inspiron 15R Laptop

nandu26

In the zone
Inspiron 15R 5521

Upto 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3537U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

AMD Radeon™ HD 8730M with 2G DDR3 VRAM - Is it good?

Upto 8 GB RAM / 1 TB HDD

15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with True Life and HD resolution (1366 x 768) - ICC

Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

I expected Anti Glare display.

Last edited:

xeon

Broken In
Inspiron 15R 5521

Upto 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3537U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

AMD Radeon™ HD 8730M with 2G DDR3 VRAM - Is it good?

Upto 8 GB RAM / 1 TB HDD

15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with True Life and HD resolution (1366 x 768) - ICC

Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

I expected Anti Glare display.

When I saw 8730M graphic card I thought of cancelling my order of dell inspiron 15r Turbo. But then I checked and found that 8730M graphic card is far worse than AMD Radeon HD 7670M.
You can get laptop with AMD Radeon HD 7670M at much lower price.

OP
N

nandu26

In the zone
I checked Intel official site (ARK | Intel® Core) and they have stated that the CPU - i7-3537U contains 2 cores and 4 threads.

Comparison - *www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/processor-comparison/compare-intel-processors.html

Turbo 15R CPU - 3632QM - has 4 cores and 8 threads with 6M cache. The above one has 4M cache.

So which is better - Inspiron 15R or Turbo 15R

Last edited:

powerstarprince

In the zone
turbo 15r is better. the above model looks like an ultrabook to me. 8730m is similar to 7670m or gt 630m and has enduro which is like optimus and better than dynamic switching.

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yes I7 3537U, that U signifies Ultrabook processor, means it will remain at 1.7 GHz and Max can go upto 2 GHz where as Turbo can go upto 3.2GHz...

OP
N

nandu26

In the zone
Will it be fast enough to handle daily tasks like browsing, visual studio etc? I am waiting for some reviews before buying.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
it can handle browsing without sweat, but i guess visual studio is very processor intensive...right?

OP
N

nandu26

In the zone
gamers will not be happy becos of gpu but for normal use I think it is OK.

Anyway, I am waiting for reviews to be posted on the official site before buying.

n3rd

In the zone
it can handle browsing without sweat, but i guess visual studio is very processor intensive...right?

Depends, if you're pro-developer, it should be. And I agree, the GPU is not great it should be bit worse than 7670M, which in itself is just slightly better than Nvidia 630M.

Top Bottom