Non-Android Smartphone @ 20k. Which one to go for?

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
1. Budget?

Rs.20,000 (maximum).

2. Display type and size?

Anything around 4" will do. Not a big fan of TV-like displays.

3. Dual sim?

Nope.

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Open to anything that's built to last.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Camera quality is a prime priority, both main and front facing and LED flash is a must.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Anything except Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G will do.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Communication - 50%, Camera - 20%, Internet/Apps/Gaming - 20%, Music - 10%.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Haven't done a proper research yet.

10. Any other info that you want to share

i) I'll be using the phone for the next 2-3 years, so expecting solid build quality
ii) I'm a frequent snapper with loads of low-light photography, so camera quality is a must
iii) Immense fluidity of the OS without any lag
iv) Display should be crystal clear and 'punchy'
v) Decent music quality via headphones
vi) Finally, kindly don't come up with the question "Why not an Android":)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. Budget?

Rs.20,000 (maximum).

2. Display type and size?

Anything around 4" will do. Not a big fan of TV-like displays.

3. Dual sim?

Nope.

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Open to anything that's built to last.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Camera quality is a prime priority, both main and front facing and LED flash is a must.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Anything except Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G will do.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Communication - 50%, Camera - 20%, Internet/Apps/Gaming - 20%, Music - 10%.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Haven't done a proper research yet.

10. Any other info that you want to share

i) I'll be using the phone for the next 2-3 years, so expecting solid build quality
ii) I'm a frequent snapper with loads of low-light photography, so camera quality is a must
iii) Immense fluidity of the OS without any lag
iv) Display should be crystal clear and 'punchy'
v) Decent music quality via headphones
vi) Finally, kindly don't come up with the question "Why not an Android":)

hands down- lumia 730,735
fits all your needs and is coming in 1-2 weeks(hopefully)
i have a 720 and am absolutely satisfied with its camera and battery life,fluidity of the os despite 512mb ram(730.735 has 1gb so even bettter)
730/735 has a 5MP wide front camera and a 6.7MP Carl Zeiss back camera with a powerful flash (lowlight photography is best on this camera)
and very very wide lens

audio quality is amazing and it has a dolby chip in the phone which is a boon for expensive headsets which can take advantage of the onboard dolby stuff
battery life on my 720 is nearly 2 days and a minimum of over a day easily (730 will be similiar or even better)
size is just right in the hand,730 is just a bit bigger but will still be easy to hold

build quality and after sales is excellent and the polycarbonate body is very premium to touch
also the polycabonate is scratch and stain resistant and will not chip like most other phones

its the best phone for your needs
hope i helped :)

- - - Updated - - -

here are some close up shots of the 730 and 735 compared to the 720 for reference
*www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-730-and-lumia-735-photo-gallery

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
I actually had my eyes on 4S and 5C (with discounts of course). How well would the 730 fare when compared to 5C? And also, is the 4S still worth considering?

ashs1

Padawan
4S is getting ios8, but its probably the last major update for 4s. And as far as I know, the ui on the windows phone are pretty good. ( almost as good as the ios)
Personally, I'd rather go with the newer 730 than the 3 year old iPhone 4s.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I actually had my eyes on 4S and 5C (with discounts of course). How well would the 730 fare when compared to 5C? And also, is the 4S still worth considering?

the 4S lags with ios 8 and will go EOL soon,i wouldnt suggest it over the 730,also smaller screen size and limted memory at a higher price tag(8GB for 22k) isnt worth it

the 5C is a "get rid of old stock" device and is essentially a iphone 5 with plastic body and higher price tag
it has major issues with the power and home buttons going bad very fast-within a week sometimes

my aunt and cousin bought iphone 5 and 5c ,both phones had this flaw and apple replaced it 4-5 times for them and finally they gave up and started using assistive touch on the last handsets

windows phone is an excellent OS and is very well optimised and the 730 fits your needs perfectly

- - - Updated - - -

*www.redmondpie.com/ios-8-hinders-iphone-4s-performance-by-a-huge-margin/

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

almost EOL phones, not worth buying. (then again no other iPhone is worth the price)

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to Lumia 730

Top Bottom