[Nominations] Cellphone of the month - Feb 2024

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I wanted to post this yesterday, but since the forum was down I'm posting this today.

As discussed here *geek.digit.in/community/threads/brainstorming-ideas-for-a-regularly-scheduled-threads.212443/ this thread is an experiment to see how such a format would work. I'm starting with phones and will create other threads with other topics later.

Anyone can nominate a phone for the "Cellphone of the month" award(?) across different segments by creating a post with the given format. The ones with the most votes will be featured as the phone of the month at the end of this month.

Users who don't want to post can vote for the posts they agree with the most. Only "Like" votes will be considered.

Posting rules:

The posts must be in the following format:

Phone name:
Manufacturer:
Price segment:
Utility segment:
Appreciation:

Price segments are as follows:
  • below 10k
  • below 25k
  • below 50k
  • above 50k

Utility segments are:
  • Bare-bones
  • All-rounder
  • Camera
  • Gaming

Each user can only make one post per nomination but users can nominate multiple phones in different segments. Different users can nominate the same device as well.

If you want any segments to be added, let me know.

Appreciation must be effort posts. Posts at least 3-4 sentences justifying why you are nominating a particular phone.

Last day for posting here is 25th Feb 2024, after which submissions will be locked and the data will be aggregated to choose the best devices in the different segments.

Post in the "Brainstorming" thread in case of any questions.

GO!

Phone name: S24 Ultra
Manufacturer: Samsung
Price segment: Above 50k
Utility segment: All rounder
Appreciation: Top smartphone if money is not an issue nor the size/weight. Has a top class display, cameras, a great battery life even though not the best nor the fastest charging, a stylus & 7 OS upgrades as key features, all of which are not available in any other flagship. Android has finally went past the 5 OS update policy that Apple promises, one area where Android has never taken a lead over Apple. Luckily no Exynos segregation for S24U. One UI is the best android skin IMO.

Phone name: Oneplus 12R
Manufacturer: Oneplus
Price segment: Under 50k
Utility segment: All rounder
Appreciation: Reviews are not out but phone seems very similar to the Oneplus 11R which I was able to get a hands on. So great display, charging, battery life, primary rear camera & selfie cam for the price. Ultrawide camera is good enough but not great. 8 Gen 2 is an excellent chip & considered bit more efficient than 8 Gen 3 as well based on some limited testings available online. 3 OS updates are promised, UI seems cleaner than other BBK companies, although will rate One UI above it. This will be a good no nonsense phone for most people who want a flagship killer kind of phone. Unless S23 or S23+ gets near 50k, I don't see this being replaced as my choice.

Top Bottom