Nokia 215 4G & 225 4G

nac

Aspiring Novelist
My mom is been asking to get a new phone for my dad hoping that the new phone would be better when it comes to call quality. But I really feel it's the network, we all use the same network and we all experience poor call quality. I told them even with new one it will be pretty much the same, but they don't buy it. I suggested at least to go for a decent 4G phone which happened to be a smartphone, but he doesn't want that.

After failing to convince them to go for smartphone for weeks, I decided to buy Nokia 150 2020 earlier this week from Nokia official site. That's when I found these two phone's listings and with further googling I learned that they have announced these too earlier that day and will be available today (23rd Oct) from their online store. I was eagerly waiting to get one today, but till now there is no sign of sales. :( I hope it didn't open already and it's now out of stock :x

I have been googling for reviews, but till date there is no reviews online. Going by online info, they opened sale for these two phones last week in China. Not even one bought and reviewed till now? There is no youtube reviewers for these kinda phones?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
My mom is been asking to get a new phone for my dad hoping that the new phone would be better when it comes to call quality. But I really feel it's the network, we all use the same network and we all experience poor call quality. I told them even with new one it will be pretty much the same, but they don't buy it. I suggested at least to go for a decent 4G phone which happened to be a smartphone, but he doesn't want that.

After failing to convince them to go for smartphone for weeks, I decided to buy Nokia 150 2020 earlier this week from Nokia official site. That's when I found these two phone's listings and with further googling I learned that they have announced these too earlier that day and will be available today (23rd Oct) from their online store. I was eagerly waiting to get one today, but till now there is no sign of sales. :( I hope it didn't open already and it's now out of stock :x

I have been googling for reviews, but till date there is no reviews online. Going by online info, they opened sale for these two phones last week in China. Not even one bought and reviewed till now? There is no youtube reviewers for these kinda phones?

215 4g is on sale right now, AFAIK, U shud rather get 225. There are very less reviews about them, especially these ones. I bought Banana Phone last year, It had good quality, as it used VoLTE, But still, I wud insist u to get Nokia banana phone instead.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
215 4g is on sale right now, AFAIK, U shud rather get 225. There are very less reviews about them, especially these ones. I bought Banana Phone last year, It had good quality, as it used VoLTE, But still, I wud insist u to get Nokia banana phone instead.
I am using Jiophone and it's painfully slow. Banana phone too share very similar hardware I think and the same OS. And the reviews aren't good on online. But still I considered after my dad insisted on feature phone but it's not available.
Yeah, kept refreshing the page and they are now available but only one colour option. Contacted customer and enquired few things and I am ordering it next week. Will see if any reviews comes before that.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I am using Jiophone and it's painfully slow. Banana phone too share very similar hardware I think and the same OS. And the reviews aren't good on online. But still I considered after my dad insisted on feature phone but it's not available.
Yeah, kept refreshing the page and they are now available but only one colour option. Contacted customer and enquired few things and I am ordering it next week. Will see if any reviews comes before that.

I did not try any app on it, as i use it for only calling, But yes, It has same KaiOS as JioPhone.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
i had same question last year for my granny... and found some intresting china phones like

ginzzu MB505
texet ТМ-В226

wanted to buy nokia 'banana' but decided to buy texet on one popular china online store ;)

You know what, These are useless. No warranty, no longetivity. Instead one can buy some iTel like brand's offering. Added the fact, AliExpress is not shipping to India.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Both the phones gone out of stock within few hours. Is this good response from people or they had only very few units available?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's a hand's on, not a review. It's responsive, not laggy like Kai OS.
Both the phones are still out of stock in Nokia site. 225 4G is available in Flipkart, don't know how long it's gonna stay that way.
Don't know if Nokia is testing how much is the demand for this phone.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
It's a hand's on, not a review. It's responsive, not laggy like Kai OS.
Both the phones are still out of stock in Nokia site. 225 4G is available in Flipkart, don't know how long it's gonna stay that way.
Don't know if Nokia is testing how much is the demand for this phone.

It is using usual nokia's embedded software, not any os.... So it is not going to lag. Added, U can run the old school java apps like UC browser etc.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It is using usual nokia's embedded software, not any os.... So it is not going to lag. Added, U can run the old school java apps like UC browser etc.
Based on the comments in that video, there are Java based app in the phone but can't install any from other source.
Whatever OS they use is good enough for the intended purpose. With KaiOS, everything is slow even the basic use like looking for numbers in contacts, checking/sending texts etc.

srdigit16

In the zone
If you are like me, Not on any social media, and Does not do any gaming etc. and need it for calling etc. Get some good keypad one. You will be way more productive.
I do use social media & gaming, but when I go outside within 1 km & will be back home within an hour, I prefer to take keypad mobile instead of smartphone.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Based on the comments in that video, there are Java based app in the phone but can't install any from other source.
Whatever OS they use is good enough for the intended purpose. With KaiOS, everything is slow even the basic use like looking for numbers in contacts, checking/sending texts etc.

You can download .jar manually and install it.

I do use social media & gaming, but when I go outside within 1 km & will be back home within an hour, I prefer to take keypad mobile instead of smartphone.

Then you shud go with a small compact smart phone...

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
like to have one but Nokia phones are priced little high for what it offers. What about other brands?

Hmm.. If you literally only need for calling, Get some cheap 400-500rs. I KALL mobile, but voice clarity and others feature will not be there. Nokia atleast gives warranty and clear sound. Else you can go for similar offerings from phillips or scamsung.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
like to have one but Nokia phones are priced little high for what it offers. What about other brands?
Wouldn't recommend those no-name brands. Nokia has warranty and top of that the SAR value of the phone is also within the regulated scale, unlike possibly some imported ones. Spend the few extra bucks and get it.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Finally, one full video of the product.

Everyday I have been checking for it's availability, but still Out of stock. I don't know what I did, I guess I clicked the image and it took to product shopping page where I added 215 4G to the cart and placed the order. Keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Seems like 215 4G reached local shop well before the date (Nov 6th).
215 4G Charcoal
If anyone interested, check your local mobile shop.

srdigit16

In the zone
What is your opinion about Nokia 105? Need one primarily for calls/SMS. Required features T9 dictionary, flashlight, reminders, alarms.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What is your opinion about Nokia 105? Need one primarily for calls/SMS. Required features T9 dictionary, flashlight, reminders, alarms.
A basic 2G phone. If you feel that's good enough for your need, go for it.
We already have 5 2G phones with us. I don't see a point of buying another 2G phone when there is 4G available. So we're going for 215 4G. It's been 6 days since I ordered, yet to be delivered. Nokia's shipping is super slow. :(
Yeah, it's pricey for the features it offers and especially when they are selling it for 15-20 quid in UK, Rs. 3000/- is too much here. :x

Top Bottom