NO SOUND in my system !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I cant hear any SOUND from my computer.
I mean no sound play wen i open my winamp player or any music from my games or any other audio cds.i hv checked all my speakers connection and everything is fine.

My system configuration is:
Pentium-4, 2,0 Ghz
40 GB HARD DISK,
256 MB DDR RAM
Intel G 865 GBF motherboard
MERCURY 980-Watts 2.1 speaker system
Direct x 9.0b
WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION.
I hv 3 drives:
:arrow: C drive ( my main drive where all my windows files are installed)
:arrow: D DRIVE ( my songs)
:arrow: E DRIVE ( all my games are installed)

The PROBLEM is that Wen ever i try to open winamp player i get this message:

Direct Sound output v2.2.10 ERROR
BAD Direct Sound driver.Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. ERROR CODE: 88780078

Also, before this SOUND problem i was getting the message wenever i started my system.
Invalid BOOT .INI file
booting from c:\windows
( is this bcoz of this file wich is missing?)

Wen i open my DEVICE MANAGER>Other devices, it shows a Yellow Question mark alongside the :?: USB controller and also along side :?: Multimedia Audio controller.

i hv tried reinstalling my DIRECTX 9.0b version but it still does not solve my problem.I tried reinstalling the Audio drivers from my Intel motherboard CD but the installation always fails.I am using the SOUND MAX AUDIO software (provided to me in the motherboard cd)

Also All my restore points in the SYSTEM RESTORE has been deleted so i cannot roll back to a previous date where my PC was working fine.

Will reinstalling WINDOWS XP solve the problem?? or will i hv to format my HARD DISK??

I hv takek BACKUP of all my files and documents.

:idea: NOTE: please i am not an EXPERT so give me step by step instructions as wat to do to solve my problem.

Please suggest me guys..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

thank cheers n peace.....

ASHU...

vijaythefool

In the zone
See if its not muted any where in the sound manager.

Try installing the audio drivers from the graphics cd ! this must solve ur problem

theraven

Technomancer
seems a problem with ur sound card and drivers
reinstall the drivers for usb controller and ur sound card
the usb drivers should be on ur mobo cd !!
reinstall those drivers
then uninstall ur sound card drivers
restart the system .. it should now detect ur sound card !!
install provided drivers
and post the results here

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Guys wen i check my SOUND options in the comtrol panel EVERYTHING has gone GRAY(i cannot select any option)

well i will try reinstalling all the drivers and tell all u guys here.

thanx guys for the advice. :):)

cheers n peace..

ashu....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ooh I forgot to scan my system with an anti virus thanx guys..

i will check taht too and reply in evening...

vijaythefool

In the zone
Its no Anti virus most are aunty virus......

most of the time scannig with those aunties turn the pc to inaccessable !

reinstalling... :eek:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Result of any aunty virus Scan ?

Hey guys there was a VIRUS in my PC

Wen i scanned my PC with the NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 it showed this VIRUS and it wasnt able to delete it so it QUARANTINED the file.

Filename:rld-nu2k.exe
Threat name: Bloodhound.W32.EP

But after that I installed AVAST! home edition given in the DIGIT MARCH-05 CD so it caught another virus:
File C:\Programfiles\Windows AdControl\Win Adctl.exe is infected by
Win32.Adware-Adctl[Trj]

Well it has deleted the file it says (but i dont think so :? )

Shud Reinstalling WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL clean all the VIRUSES if i am not able to remove them with the ANTIVIRUS software??

While Reinstalling WINDOWS XP, do i need the BOOTABLE FLOOPY?
If i set the I-st Boot preference to CD ROM then also???

help me out Guys.....

[/b]

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Querry continued.........

Wen I clik on add new Hardware,the computer shows the message:

NEW HARDWARE FOUND: USB controller

but even though i hv inserted the MOBO cd it is not able to find the USB controller files.
The USB file wich is missing is:
Intel(r) 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
and after searching it says:
Cannot install the HARDWARE

If I try installing my audio files, my files r installed on my system but wen the AUTO CONFIGURE WIZARD pops up detecting my AUDIO JACK this message is displayed wen i clik on CONFIGURE botton:
SOUND MAX AUDIO WIZARD
The default playback is not Soun Max.You cannot use the Audio Wizard.if you would like to change the default device,you will need to run the MULTIMEDIA CONTROL PANEL program to sekect the new Default device.

But wen i clik on the Multimedia tab, every button in the SOUND & AUDIO DEVICES PROPERTIES are Grey like the tabs of AUDIO,Voice,Volume ( i cannot select any option)

Will removing the virus by ANTIVIRUS software solve my problem or shud i reinstall my OS ???

HELP NEEDED.......
thanx..

ashu...[/u]

technoteen

Journeyman
first fo all my suggestion will be updating your system to sp2

for removing the virus go to symantec websites and use the removal steps for individual virus to remove them completely

the second virus you are quoting is in a folder whichis not a regular folder, it must have been installed by some malicious program

for sound driver go to devices and remove your sound card, usb controller from there
the use the scan computer button there and let it find your hardware
then dont use the automatic install feature but use manual feature
in manual feature as well choose "let me choose the driver" and then use the "get disk" to go to your driver folder in your cd and try to install the drivers

your boot.ini should read like this if you are using only single operating system, if does not then cahnge it to read so

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

technoteen

Journeyman
i would also like to add that you should install the inf file for your intel chipset
it will be available on your mobo cd and if you cannot find it then it is always available on intel website, do install it
i think installing it will remove the usb contriller problem

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
well , u could check ur m/b manual for which sound card u have and got to install . i have seen some m/b cds come with 2-3 drivers for diff soundcards . so once u figure that out , uninstall what ever driver u have on ur system FULLY and then restart and reinstall the new sound card drivers . check if sound comes from any of the other ports in the sound card outlet ,eg aux or mic . Make sure sound is enabled in bios . else just reset the bios . Check m/b site for driver update

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
better get the pc re- installed with sp2 !

Hey that would be a better idea VIJAY.

for sound driver go to devices and remove your sound card, usb controller from there
the use the scan computer button there and let it find your hardware
then dont use the automatic install feature but use manual feature
in manual feature as well choose "let me choose the driver" and then use the "get disk" to go to your driver folder in your cd and try to install the drivers

hey ""techno"" i tried selecting the drivers myself but still the USB controllers dont install. :( well shud REINSTALLING solve my problems??ONCE AND FOR ALL !! coz even after removing the VIRUS that i hv mentioned,the PC is really slow.

Plz tell me if i choose the boot preference of CD ROM as my 1st boot preference ?? Will i also need a Bootable floopy for that?? or only my WIN XP cd will do??

plz suggest .....

technoteen

Journeyman
for the usb controller refer to my second post about installing inf file for your chipset
use the following link to download it, remove the usb controller from devices and then install this file
ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-support/8178/eng/infinst_enu.exe

reinstalling will remove your problems but then you loose all your customization, so jsut install sp2 first and other updates and try using utilities like system mechanic to clean up your system

well if you have your bootable xp cd then you dont need a floopy for installation, just setting the noot prefrence will do the job,
in newer motherboards when your comp just starts(company logo shows up), pressing F8 will bring a menu for selecting the boot device directly

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys MIRACLE !!!!!

well no not actually well i reinstalled the WIN XP on my system and my SOUNDS and the problem regarding the USB CONTROLLER has also been solved.

Well i didnt hv any other choice also guys :( coz even though the NORTON showed that the virus was QUARANTINED, the system was slow and without any Sound,USB controller files but now its all fine :) thanx guys.

I wanna thank------->
:arrow: VIJAY
:arrow: TECHNOTEEN
:arrow: KLINUX
:arrow: THERAVEN

for helping me out with so many tweaks and solutions. :):) :p

thanx guys... u simply ROCK !!!!! :p

cheers n peace.....

ASHU......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom