no sound after quiting game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
Hi,
My PC config is
AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor,2GB DDR2,ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics,ATI HDMI Audio, Realtek High Definition Audio,Win XP Pro-sp2

i have a weird problem that after quiting games like Prince of Persia 2008 and Oblivion.Sound goes missing.Volume control says no mixer device available.device manager also don't show any sound devices.
with POP running (there is sound),i alt+tab and come to desktop,volume give me this error.but when i return to game ,there is sound .
i think these games lock the sound driver.what the solution of it,i am very annoyed by playing game and then restarting to get my sound back?

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
Hi,
My PC config is
AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor,2GB DDR2,ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics,ATI HDMI Audio, Realtek High Definition Audio,Win XP Pro-sp2

i have a weird problem that after quiting games like Prince of Persia 2008 and Oblivion.Sound goes missing.Volume control says no mixer device available.device manager also don't show any sound devices.
with POP running (there is sound),i alt+tab and come to desktop,volume give me this error.but when i return to game ,there is sound .
i think these games lock the sound driver.what the solution of it,i am very annoyed by playing game and then restarting to get my sound back?

no one gots this problem or nobody have any answer.

Geekman

Right off the assembly line
Try restoring your sound settings. I think your sound settings are changed according to POP's requirements :D

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
Try restoring your sound settings. I think your sound settings are changed according to POP's requirements :D

there is no sound devices in device manager.even after scanning for hardware,it doesn't show up.when the game is running,i think sound driver isn't available to other programs.after quiting pop,it doesn't releases the driver,so it says no active mixer devices.
i know the reason perhaps but don't know the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom