No keyboard working

sam970605

Broken In
So this is a strange problem. No keyboard is working with my pc. The motherboard has multiple usb port and a ps2 keyboard port. I have tried all of them. The system recognises it but almost all keys don't work. So I connected both ps2 and usb keyboardsm at the same time. But the same thing happens. The usb usb ports work with everything else and initially I thought the motherboard was failing. But now I can't figure out the issue for the life of me.

OP
S

sam970605

Broken In
Plug a keyboard in, open device manager and check if there are missing drivers.
Done that....the device manager says the keyboards are updated and working. The system even recognises a few keystrokes here and there. I have tried 3 different keyboards and none work.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
delete keyboard from device mgr and check if it resets it after plugging in keyboard again

have you checked if f2/del/pause break etc work during POST?
If yes, then go to BIOS and reset it to optimized defaults and check again

run a live linux distro from cd/usb, does keyboard work in it?
If you can not enter BIOS thru keyboard then in order to run live linux you will have to disconnect your HDDs/SSDs to let BIOS take the next boot order being CD/USB

Even if you have Windows 7/10 DVD try to boot from it and go to repair this computer and access command prompt, does the keyboard work therein in command prompt?

OP
S

sam970605

Broken In
Try and check if a wireless keyboard works.

Have you tried reinstalling/ repairing windows?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thank you for the suggestion, I ordered a wireless keyboard and it is working now.

I just don't like wireless keyboards personally so didn't even give that a thought.

And yes, I did reinstall the OS. Still cannot figure out what the real issue could be.

Thank you for te te helpghe suggestion though. I'll make do with wireless for now.

Top Bottom