No incoming Voice call when in GPRS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i have nokia 6085 handset, using Airtel unlimited GPRS/EDGE connection to PC, but me facing some strange problem regarding this connection.
whenever i connect GPRS using PC, and downloading something through (torrent or direct anything ) no incoming calls comes, callers see on their phone screen that "Calling to 99........" but no calls made, and after some 30-40 seconds they found that call is disconnected without any error message.
this problem is not happening when i surfing on phone, or surfing websites in PC, only this problem happens when i download something on PC . please anyone help me

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
for my circle the second party gets "not reachable" when the data transfer is in process and i have the missed call service on so i get a sms mentioning who called me within minutes usually.

motobuntu

Journeyman
This is hapening b'coz when u are downloading something, the connection between ur modem(here mobile phone) and to the server is constant, that means ur phone is already in a data call so unable to receive any calls.

And wat happns when ur browsing web is after opening the pages the data call ends (means no connection to any server) & ur able to receive calls as you click on any link or open any new pages the connection establishes again and mobile gets engage in data call.

hope this'll help u.

OP
Tech.Masti

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
ok, then you are saying that this is a not a problem??
Oh, another thing i forget to tell here, after constant download of 45-50 minutes , data transfer stops completely, i neither can download nor browse any website, then i have to disconnect net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom