No IDE on MOBO, Need to connect DVD RAM with IDE.. need help..

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
i have upgraded my system to:
1. FX6300
2. ASUS M5A97 R2.0

now i have a old DVD RAM with IDE port and I need to connect this on my MOBO ASUS M5A97.
Since this MOBO donot have any IDE port... i guess i will have to use a PCI-IDE card.
can anyone guide me where can i get this in mumbai ??
Or is there any other option????

AH

patkim

Cyborg Agent
use IDE to SATA converter. Its one end shall directly plug into IDE device and shall have a SATA out.
You should get it for 200 - 250 Rs approx in a usual computer / hardware shops.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't waste or your time & money with these so called converters.also you mean DVD-ROM with ide port which is supported by very few(i don't know of any pci card supporting dvd ide drives in major indian markets/sites).get some usb casing.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
don't waste or your time & money with these so called converters.also you mean DVD-ROM with ide port which is supported by very few(i don't know of any pci card supporting dvd ide drives in major indian markets/sites).get some usb casing.

the USB casing cost approx Rs700
... so it does not make sens eto go for it... instead i can go for a new DVD ROM if i wana spend that amount...

i am looking for a low cost solution..

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
throw that out & buy a new sata drive. cause those IDE to sata converters are very unreliable after 2-3months.

Best way is to get usb converter without casing search ebay should cost around 200.

Top Bottom