No HDD detected while installing new windows

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Zebronics 450w psu. after installation, the pc does not start. I have tried to install the fresh windows but it does not detect the hdd, hence, no option but to quit the installation. Now, i am little confused what to do.

Please help.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
I have this a little older pc. its a dual core, 2.5 gb ram with 1 tb hdd pc for surfing internet only and little to no work.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The title says "No HDD detected", but your post says that your PC is not booting.

What is the actual problem?

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
I have tried to boot but unfortunately nothing happened and pc kept restarting for a moment. Hence, with no option left, i tried to make a fresh installation. After custom installation, no hdd shown. Now, where I should install the windows.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the connection is lose. Did you connect both SATA cable and power cable to the HDD?

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Yes, I have tried that multiple times. Is it possible that the new PSU failed to provide enough power for the pc

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I have tried that multiple times. Is it possible that the new PSU failed to provide enough power for the pc
Or may be the PSU has a problem with SATA power cable. Can you try your HDD in a friend's PC?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
faced something similar with a faulty zebronics 400w psu 3 years back. after much troubleshooting on cabinet and its connections, motherboard, when it was checked with a new psu, it worked fine and then the guy opened the psu and found out the bad part. it was changed and it worked properly then.

Top Bottom