No Frills Cell fone......

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
i want to gift my granny a cell fone, and am undecided about which one to buy. The contenders are:
1> Motorola C138 (got radio, large screen)
2> Samsung SGH 130 (screen, gprs [i doubt if she will ever use it])
3> Sony Ericcson J100i (great talktime)

can you plz suggest which one i should go for? also let me know about the prices(in Kolkata) and the shops. Thnx in advance.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Motorola C138 doesn't have radio. The screen is normal size not big. I don't recommend it. The keypad is not good in design.
Sony ericsson J100i is the phone for your granny. Good talk time, simple in operation.

K

krazyfrog

If you want a no frills simple phone, i'll suggest you go for Nokia 1600. It has a 65k colour screen, good looks, user friendly interface and is inexpensive. Don't buy motorola phones. They have poor interface. I'll suggest you choose from anyone of the Nokias if you don't like 1600.

OP
gauravakaasid

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@Kiran_tech_mania....is it good value for money? the SE J100i one?

@krazyfrog....i dont wanna go in for Nokia fones, dont like them at all.

newayz, thnx both of you for ur views.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Motorola F3,a simple and efficient mobile @1650 is a good choice.You can check here:
h**p://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.jsp?Id=2607

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Don't go for a Sony Ericsson. Usually normal peoples don't get along well with the joystick. Stick to Nokia or Samsung. I'll recommend a Samsung C200 or C130(I don't like the dual tone look or the design) because my mom is using one with ease. She used my K800i for 30 mins and she promised me to never touch it again. Go for C200 or C210 or C230. They are slow doesn't have any complicated features, easy to use, good screen resolution (Best in the 65K category) and some of them even have FM. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom