*~!Nexus5 or HTC Desire826!*~!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^not really,heck even in computers,32-bit support was still a deal breaker till windows 8 itself
even today,soo many computers use XP 32bit even though 64bit released in XP itself

as for phones,just see iphones ,apple was the 1st with 64bit support
still 64bit apps are rare and very very buggy
itll take ages for 64 bit to become mainstream
it would take atleast a large majority of the market to make up atleast some percentage for it to gain momentum
otherwise its pointless to make a 64 bit app at the moment and also support the more mainstream 32 bit version when the 32 bit one itself will run(buggily) on a 64 bit phone

trust me,Im getting a cross platform app developed with my friends help and 64-bit isnt something devs will jump to for now

the.one

In the zone
^^ calm down buddy..

Smartphones are evolving faster than computers.

Computers progressed from being abacus, the eniacs etc in the last 100 yrs. That does not mean smartphones have to go through the same path and should take same time to evolve.

Whatever lessons were learnt with the evolution of computers will directly be applied to smartphones. They won't be taken on the same old path. In fact, Microsoft is talking abt a Windows 10 where it's desktop apps will run straight out on windows phones too.. So u see the amount of progress smartphones have made in such short time.

Finally, I'm not adamant saying tht go for 64bit only. Go with anything that suits you.
All apps across android, wp, iOS are optimised for the 32bit rite now. Ur rite here that it will take quite some time for them to be moved to 64bit system. But the new and graphically heavy apps will want to use the 64bit system at their disposal.

OP
C

chandrabhan ahuja

Peace Out
^^ calm down buddy..

Smartphones are evolving faster than computers.

Computers progressed from being abacus, the eniacs etc in the last 100 yrs. That does not mean smartphones have to go through the same path and should take same time to evolve.

Whatever lessons were learnt with the evolution of computers will directly be applied to smartphones. They won't be taken on the same old path. In fact, Microsoft is talking abt a Windows 10 where it's desktop apps will run straight out on windows phones too.. So u see the amount of progress smartphones have made in such short time.

Finally, I'm not adamant saying tht go for 64bit only. Go with anything that suits you.
All apps across android, wp, iOS are optimised for the 32bit rite now. Ur rite here that it will take quite some time for them to be moved to 64bit system. But the new and graphically heavy apps will want to use the 64bit system at their disposal.

And even if I do go for a 64 bit .. It doesn't mean I'll be loosing on apps or anything else... Just being future proof and its true we never know what the market would turn out to be.. And 32 bit line up has already shown its pros and con's..so what's next in line? Baam 64 bit kicks in... And as our computing needs increase everyday we are getting closer to embedding 64 bit processors in our main stream!!

And it is already happening as we speak.. I mean look at android lollipop it was designed keeping in mind the 64 bit architecture no wonder the nexus lineup is having trouble getting in terms with that... And as other companies start rolling their 5.0 updates who knows the 32 bit just might not be able to keep up and hence the transformation could be started way before our proposed expectations guys!!

Take care!
Peace out Brothers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom